[20]

Smoke and dust trapped in her throat, making Aurora cough into the inside of her elbow. She had arrived at the Hogsmeade station.

   "Good Godric! Do they ever clean these fireplaces?" She complained, dusting the dirt off her coat.

   "Well I hope my tie's fine." Right in front of her stood a brunette man with his hands in his pockets, waiting for her to arrive.

   "You're still wearing a suit." Rory smiled as she walked towards him, his arms then wrapped around her waist as she reached to wrap around his neck.

   "Oh, I haven't seen you in so bloody long!" She exclaimed in the long lasting hug. "You miss me, I know." Theo smiled, finally parting from the hug.

   "Whatever you say." Rory rolled her eyes at him, finally reaching the three broomsticks where the rest of their friends were waiting.

   "Neville, hi!" She exclaimed, greeting her friend who had changed a lot since she last saw him. She hadn't seen them in months except for Fred and Daphne who she saw practically everyday.

   The five of them talked and laughed for hours, catching up with eachother's lives. How Neville and Hannah were now engaged, how Daphne and Fred ran the joke shop together, and how Aurora and Theo were the same old stupid kids they were a few months back.

   When Rory got up to pay for their drinks, she saw a rather familiar face, an aged woman with her hair in a bun and glasses sitting on her pointed nose.

   "Aurora," she greeted, walking closer to Rory. "Headmistress McGonagall," she called back, her lips stretching out to a slight smile.

   "I believe you know about Professor Nott's news." McGonagall cut right to the chase, jumping right into Theodore. "Yes, Headmistress. It's very unfortunate may I add."

   "Listen, dear, Nott only has a 30 percent chance of keeping his job as the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor." McGonagall informed.

   Rory's mouth slightly gaped open. She knew Theo was an irresponsible teenager, but she didn't think it was going to turn out this badly.

   "Looking back at your records, even though you were ridiculously bad at Potions, your Defence grades were mostly O's and A's." McGonagall reminded. "The professors and I have decided that if Nott loses his position, you'll be the perfect replacement for him."

   "No, no, no. No. No! No, I can't take his place! That'd be like stealing his job!" Rory exhaled disbelievingly, "I could never do that to him, Professor!"

   "I understand you have an- interesting relationship, but this would be what's best for our educational system, Aurora." She said, then paused to take a sip of her pear cider. "Just give it some thought."

   With that, McGonagall left, walked out the door, leaving Rory standing at the cashier with her mouth still agape.

   "Ro, you okay?" Emery Rosmerta asked. She was now the owner of the pub which she inherited after her mother retired.

   "Yeah I- ugh, who am I joking? You heard that, right?" Rory groaned. Emery pursed her lips and nodded slowly.

   "I can't imagine how hard that could be," Emery sympathised, frowning slightly. "Taking over your boyfriend's job? That ought to be a prick in the arse."

   "Oh, no, he isn't my boyfriend." Rory clarified, glancing over to the brunette boy telling some absurd joke at their table. "But yeah, prick in the arse."

   "Oh sorry, misunderstanding I guess." She smiled before walking back into the kitchen.

   "Alright, there?" Theo approached her, placing his hand on the cashier's counter. "Yeah. All good." She lied.

   "Everyone's off to Lee Jordan's arcade. You coming with us right?" Theo aked, throwing his arm around her shoulders as they walked out the door of the pub.

   "Yeah, sure. Oh wait! But first-" Rory trailed off to reach in her coat pocket. She pulled out a piece of black silk belonging to Theo, his tie. "Here you go!"

   Theo grabbed the piece of fabric from Rory's hands and saw it was a jumbled mess. He raised an eyebrow, asking a question without using his words.

   "I was trying to tie it." She explained.

   "Don't tell me you still don't know how to tie a tie!" Theo chuckled, unbelieving that since they went to school together, she still never learned.

   Rory smiled lopsidedly, then proceeded to chuckle along with Theo.

   "Come on, try!" He placed the tie back into her hands, leaving her confused. "What, you want me to tie this thing?"

   "Yes, Aurora, that's what's supposed to be done to a tie, you tie it." He joked, then raised his brows, telling her to try.

   Rory slinged it around her neck, and started tying it- or at least attemt to tie it, while Theo chuckled and watched.

   "Here," He finally gave in and stepped closer, grabbing the silk and demonstrated to Aurora exactly how to do it properly. "Under, over and around, in, through, down, and pull. See, it's easy!" Theo untied it right after he was done.

   "You try on me now." He faced her, handing the tie to her again.

   "Under, over and around, in, down-"

   "No, no. In, through, down." Theodore grabbed her hands and explained again, taking her hands through the process.

   Rory cursed under her breath. There was no way she could ever take his place, his job. She could never do that to him. All she could do was hope the Ministry members would come to a pleasing conclusion.

   "See! It's easy!" He laughed, tugging on the knot, setting the fabric loose again, then tucking it into his pocket.

   Rory smiled slightly, trying not to seem unhappy.

   "Yeah. Easy."

· · ─────── · ✧ · ─────── · ·

A/n

Hii heyy hiiiiii
Thanks for reading babesss! <3
Inchresting chapter
I WAS GONNA MAKE THIS MORE SHIPPY BUT I THOUGHT IT'D BE TOO LONG SO THAT'LL BE FOR TOMORROW

TEEHEE MKAY BYE LOVU