Chapter 34: Heidi Gone Haywire

Ellie was hit with a wave of pain almost immediately when she woke up. It wasn't excruciating in the least bit, just very uncomfortable. Like how your body aches during the flu.

The most prominent pain was from her head, feeling like she had been hit by a baseball bat.

What happened came flooding into her mind, ironically since she basically drowned in a sink. It was a wonder how she survived because it was obvious no repairs were made. Probably just luck, but her system was definitely fucked up.

When she opened her eyes, she couldn't see anything. Not because it was dark, but because her vision had gone out which wasn't very nice to put lightly. The second thing she noticed was it was difficult to move as she traced her hand around, feeling the bed she was on, which must've been in a holding cell. And the final thing she noticed was she was extremely tired, a foreign feeling. It made sense though. Water didn't mix with electricity, evidently, so her power was basically drained and a lot of wiring needed to be replaced.

There wasn't exactly anything she could do considering the condition she was in, so she figured she might as well just shut down again. Unluckily for her, she heard the holographic wall turn off as someone entered. At least her hearing hadn't gone out.

"Looks like you're finally awake. It's kind of a miracle, actually. I honestly thought you were dead. Well, as dead as robots can be." Ellie could tell by the voice that it was Wyatt and he appeared to be alone. She couldn't hear anybody else in the room besides him.

"Yes, w-well, if you wanted that to happen you would have had to fully s-submerge my head in water, not just soak it." Great. It was hard for her to speak too. "What are you g-going to do now?"

"To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. I am going back and forth on the idea of cutting Mark again or throwing more water on you first. I guess it doesn't really matter because I'll be here all day." Until lunch break of course. He has a nice PB&J waiting for him. Without the crust.

Ellie's robo heart sunk. She had just woken up and had completely forgotten about Mark. Her rescue plan had failed and to add to it, the last thing she said to him was roughly a dozen insults.

"Please do not h-hurt Mark o-or Boyd." She had no idea what else to say. Nothing worked on Wyatt unless she somehow earned his pity. She might have had a chance with that if she hadn't stabbed him in the arm.

Wyatt shook his head. Ellie couldn't see but he was starting to get frustrated. "Why shouldn't I?! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just have all three of you killed right now?!"

"Wyatt, we used to b-be f-friends. W-what happened? I know I was g-going to leave you in the d-desert but my p-plan was to c-contact t-the a-authorites as soon as I could. I c-cared for you, W-Wyatt."

"If your plan was to call the authorities then you should've told me that before leaving me alone in the middle of nowhere!" He lowered his voice. "And No... Lucy cared about me. Lucy was my friend. Not Ellie. You're not the same girl that I took in, and introduced my mother and siblings to. You're not the one I developed a crush for."

Ellie didn't say anything. She expected Wyatt to just go ahead and either hurt her or describe in detail what he was going to do to Mark, but he didn't. He must've been waiting for her to respond.

"Wyatt, I- I am Lucy. W-why can you n-not see that?" It felt like her voice was about to give out as it became hoarse, but she continued on anyway. "This entire time everyone h-has been treating L-Lucy and Ellie like t-two seperate people a-and I went along with it. B-but we aren't separate, we are the same. The o-only difference is I am the version of Lucy with m-more experience in life. With more memories. And, I, Lucy d-do love someone else and I know t-that's hard for you, but you have to understand. M-Mark and I have been through so much t-together and I fell in love w-with him before the programming. But just because I love him doesn't make me any d-different than who I was b-before I regained my memories. I still remember meeting you and w-what it was l-like f-falling in l-love w-with you. But feelings change naturally. I a-am sure I would have fallen in love w-with Mark all over again instead of you. Y-you want to know why? M-Mark would n-never do this to me. He l-loves me no matter what, whether I have memories or n-not. H-he loves Lucy and L-Lucy chose him, not you, so g-get over it."