Chapter 27: 20 Dollar Bill

Start from the beginning

He sighed. "Yeah yeah, you can come in. One sec." Kyle turned around to look into his hotel room and looked at the pizza slice that was in the middle of the room. "HEY! Party's over, fellas! Roll out!"

A swarm of cockroaches crawled out from under the pizza, upset.

"Man, fuck you, Kyle!"

"What a party pooper!"

They all crawled out of the hotel room through the air vents, disappearing in the dark abyss.

Kyle looked back at Lucy. "Heh, sorry about that. I was visiting some old college friends."

Lucy didn't know how to react to that, or even if she should react to that. A cockroach party under a single slice of pizza was the last thing she expected. Whatever. She entered, carefully stepping over the pizza, before deciding to crawl into the bed, pulling the covers over herself. She probably seemed rude as hell for doing that but she didn't really care at that point.

Kyle crawled up on the nightstand table. "You probably want to sleep but, are you doing okay?" He was about to call her 'mom' but he caught himself.

She would've normally made a comment about how idiotic that question was but now wasn't the time.

Lucy shook her head and sniffled again. "No. He hurt me..." The fact she was opening up to a cockroach of all people was something her mind couldn't really wrap around. "I know he took my memories away. He said he did it to spare me from past trauma, and that him and I were married. But I am not an idiot. I did something to him in the past and now he is making me pay for it." At that point she had started crying.

"Woah woah hey it's okay. Please don't cry." That was the last straw for Kyle. He was already hating Wyatt but this really pushed it over the edge for him. Lucy wasn't Ellie. She did nothing and she was innocent. "You're right. He took your memories away. Your real name is Ellie and you're married to someone named Mark Beaks. Wyatt couldn't handle the fact that you were already married." He sighed "I'm sorry about Wyatt. I really am. I had no idea he would do something like that..." He quickly changed the subject "Steelbeak and I are pretty pissed at him and we want to help you get out of here."

Well well fucking well. Look who was right about being married to Mark Beaks.

"...why do you want to help me?" She asked. "You were assisting Wyatt so I must have done something to have upset you in the past as well. Correct?"

"Well, yeah, but that was a long time ago... and you never pissed me off as much as Wyatt has." He figured that if he still wanted revenge on Ellie, he could just do that later when Wyatt was out of the way. He was the bigger problem at the moment. "Wyatt has this flash drive which contains all of your memories. Because I'm so small, I can probably sneak into his room and grab it for you. Steelbeak can be the getaway driver."

After Lucy wiped her eyes, despite there being no tears, she nodded. "You need to get as far away from Wyatt as possible. He told me that he is going to ditch Steelbeak and kill you once he gets a hold of your money." She paused. At first she figured it would be best to stay with Wyatt since it was her command, but if Kyle had a plan then she was set. "Kyle... I do not know what I did to you but I am sorry. I am sure you did not deserve it because you are very sweet. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me." Actually, Lucy wasn't quite sure if he deserved whatever she did or not. But he was helping her now so she had to get on his goodside. Allies were allies.

Kyle wasn't sure if he was ready to forgive Ellie or not... But she wasn't Ellie. This was Lucy. Or at least that's what Wyatt wanted her to be. "It's alright. You shouldn't have to worry about that right now. I can text Steelbeak and we can start coming up with a better plan." Kyle grabbed his little cockroach sized phone. "You're welcome to just stay here and shut down. Let Steelbeak and I handle everything. You shouldn't be around Wyatt anymore."