Chapter 10: Dingles?!

Start from the beginning

Lucy frowned. He was as confused about what he wanted as much as she was.

"A part of me wants to find them just to see what my old life was like." She said. "Do you wish to see if they changed? We can look for them and if they are the same we will leave. Wyatt and I will keep you safe."

"I've been gone for so long. I don't know how they would react if they saw me again. But yes, I wouldn't mind seeing them again, I think. If it isn't too much of an inconvenience."

She smiled and shook her head. "No. It would not be an inconvenience. I will notify Wyatt when he returns."

Wyatt slammed open the front door and quickly shut it behind himself. He was a shaking and out of breath as if he just ran all the way there. His face still had multiple bruises from meeting with Mr. B. "Hey. We need to leave. Right now! We- we have to get out of town. He- Mr. B- He's going to find you!"

"What on Earth are you speaking of?" She knew Mr. B was a threat but he couldn't be that big of a threat, right? She studied Wyatt closer. "Oh Wyatt, your face..." She stood up to walk over to him. "What happened?"

He tried to get his breath back. "Mr. B... h-he came by Waddle t-today a-and... he told me that I-I had 48 hours to bring you back to him or someone much worse will. H-he plans to kill me! Please, I-I have to get you two out of here now!"

It was Boyd's turn to jump in. "W-what? He plans to kill you? What about me? What about Lucy?!" Now he knew 100% that Mr. B was a villain and that wasn't reassuring at all. He thought he finally had a dad for once but everything always changed for him too quickly. "He can't- he can't hate me that much. Can he?"

"I-I don't know! He just really wants to find you guys! He just hired someone to look for all three of us in 48 hours if I don't turn you in myself. That's all I know. I-I'm so sorry!"

Lucy thought for a moment. She wanted to offer for herself to be turned in but she couldn't do it. She didn't have the guts, even if it meant she ended up dragging Wyatt into everything more so.

"Where would we go? What about your family?" She asked, but she already had walked over to grab Boyd's hand, coming to terms that they were leaving no matter what Wyatt's answer was.

"I'm not sure... I-I can only hope that no one comes for them. I-I don't think we can call the police for help. We should probably leave the city. Or at least go into hiding. B-but I wouldn't know where."

"We will leave." Lucy confirmed. "Pack your bags, Wyatt."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"What's up, Glo?! Ready for our first day?" Heidi held up the fake photos they had taken the previous night in hand.

"Yeah I guess so." She sighed "Gyro caught me sneaking back in last night. I hate having to lie to him but I can't explain this. It's going to be worse when we actually have to start doing crimes again for these fucking losers."

"Hey now, like I said, Lipsync said these guys are cool so they can't be that bad." Heidi was absolutely lying. Not only to Gloria, but to herself as well. "Sure, they wanted us to kill Mar and that other guy, but they probably only wanted us to do something extra crazy as a test and things will calm down from now on, yeah?"

She double checked to make sure they had all the photos before turning the corner.

"Hey you Mothmans! It's us. Heidi and Glo!" She waved the pictures in the air to the group gathered around an alleyway fire as they injected themselves with drugs that Gloria identified to be heroin. The same kind Lipsync used since these guys were the dealer's dealers. "So, we got the job done. Here ya go." Heidi shoved the photos into Peanut's hands pretty harshly to show some dominance. It was a bad move based on the look she got in return but she got away with it because he was too interested in the photos at the moment.