Chapter 4: See You Soon, Mother

Start from the beginning

"Yeah but you could've done all of that shit while being a successful rich dude! You totally just gave up on everything you built and for what?!" Mark had no idea why he was yelling at Glomgold and the life choices he made. He was just mad in general and started to target his anger towards Glomgold because he was there.

"I SAID STOP YOUR YELLIN', BEAKKKKSSSS! DON'T YOOH GO AROUND AND START PATRONIZING ME AND MY WOOL KILT!" On all fours, Glomgold hissed and backed off the couch, continuing to back out of the doggy door. As soon as he was out in the open, he turned around and scuttled into the desert once again.

"Good morning, Mark."

Mark looked down at his lap, disgusted. Glomgold left his booger and drool! And he only had 39 pairs of pants left in his suitcase!

He looked up at Ellie. "Yo! Hey, uh, quick question but do you happen to have the money you were talking about yesterday? Cauuseeeeeeee I kinda need it... oh and good morning."

"NO!" Ellie grabbed the nearest plant, which happened to be poor poor Sir Jeffers, and smashed it on the ground. Immediately stomping on the leaves and kicking the dirt everywhere. It was, uh, it was quite the scene. Her eye twitched as she glared down at a very dead Sir Jeffers. RIP.

Mark stared at her, clearly very scared by her reaction. "Oh. Uhhhhh... how come?" He asked that very meekly, knowing it wasn't the best idea to keep bringing up a subject that made her turn violent against her plants.

"I do not know! But I cannot hack into slot machines anymore! OR ANY MACHINES!" She kicked more of the dirt around. "I TRIED TO HACK THE AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE OUTSIDE OF THE POLICE STATION TO SEE IF IT WAS INDEED JUST THE SLOT MACHINES BUT IT WAS NOT! NOTHING I DO WORKS ON ANYTHING! I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING!"

After her little hissy fit in the corner, and a few more smashed plants, she stormed her way over to the couch and sat down next to Mark, crossing her arms like an angry toddler.

"...I apologize for that." Her head gestured to the mess even though she was going to be the one to clean it up.

"I-It's cool..." Mark was still a little scared. "Why do you think that is? Did something happen so you're not able to do cool robot hacking anymore?" Even if it was a programming issue that Ellie knew about, Mark couldn't help her with it because everything within Waddle was taken away too.

It took her a moment to respond but when she did, she shook her head slowly before she began. "I am not sure. I did multiple internal scans and tests on my system last night and I could not find anything wrong. If something is wrong with my programming, it would explain the automated teller machine, but not the slot machines. Those are based on pure calculations." She slumped back. "I am going crazy," Homie was always crazy but whatever. "I lost track of an electronic mail, I turned in my final assignment late... something must be wrong with my memory because I cannot explain any of that otherwise."

Mark nodded along while she spoke. "I'm not sure either. But don't worry about it, kay? We can find another way to get some moola." He sighed and slumped on the couch. "This kinda sucks though..." Mark's phone dinged to let him know that he was scheduled for a Waddle meeting today but dismissed it. "Do you think I can sue someone? I don't know who exactly but there must be someone I can sue! We can get money that way!"

Ellie ignored his question about suing for the moment, a bit too stressed to do research on that. "I apologize you are stuck here for a bit longer, Mark. I know that is not ideal for you, but I am happy you are here nonetheless." She admitted. It wasn't the most comforting thing but she wasn't going to lie to him and say she wasn't happy that he was stuck in the middle of fucking nowhere with her. "It is not so bad when you get used to it..." She stopped when she noticed the look on his face. A disgusted one, and it wasn't about his booger covered pants this time. Him having to come to grips with staying in a shaggy home was hell. "Alright, well, you will not have time to get used to it because I will figure out another way to get you your mansion back at the very least."