Self- Defense & Valack

Chapter: Five

Zara hadn't talked to Derek since the night before, she couldn't get the Donovan thing out of her head and she definitely wasn't gonna tell Derek about it. She just went to school and tried her best to pretend that everything was okay and that she wasn't seeing the dead body of Donovan in her head every time she closed her eyes.

She stopped by Lydia's locker where Malia was standing as well. "What's up guys?" She says forcing a smile.

"Just trying to get information on this book." Lydia says, Zara scans it.

The Dread Doctors.

"Stiles says he can't find anything on the author. He thinks it's a pen name." Malia says

"In a small England town, teenagers are taken in the night and buried alive." Lydia looks up at them as her voice falters, she continues, "Days later they emerge, transformed, wreaking havoc and spreading terror, commanded by an ancient order of parascientists known only as the Dead Doctors." she finishes

"Sounds vaguely familiar. How does it end?"

"It doesn't. This is supposed to be volume one." Malia answers

"Oh let me guess, there is no volume two?"

"I think we're living volume two." Lydia mumbles, "But the real question is.. is this a novel or someone's prediction?"

The bell rings and the girls make their way to the classroom, they sit down and class begins. It's not even 20 minutes in yet and Lydia is saying both their names making them turn towards her.

"Lydia why is your heart beating so fast?" Malia asked

Zara takes a second.. and then she hears it too.

"Look at this!" Lydia whisper shouts as she points to the book. "The Acknowledgement page."

"For providing scientific perspective and invaluable insight.. this book is dedicated to Dr. Gabriel Valack." Malia says

"Dr. Gabriel Valack, he's locked up in Eichen. He's the one who wrote this book." Lydia says

And then the teacher is walking towards them.

"Ladies, anything you'd like to share with the class" She asked with her brows raised.

Zara shakes her head.

"No, Ma'am." Lydia replies

"No more whispering." She says before walking back to the front of the class and continuing her lecture, guess this will have to wait until after school.

Zara ended up heading to Stiles' place after school, she was standing his room as Lydia told him the plan to go to Eichen to go talk with Dr. Gabriel Valack, Zara was going as well because she needed to do something other than ignore her boyfriend and stare at her ceiling and think about Donavan's dead body.

"I'm going with you, Lydia." Stiles declares

"You don't have to come, I've got Zara." She says

Zara who is on the verge of losing her mind.

"I think Stiles should come with us, we could use some extra firepower." Zara shrugs

"Yeah, we could. I'm going." he says