KARAS OUTFIT.

Twenty minutes later, after spending the car ride yelling out our favourite songs' lyrics, we got to the mall and headed to the store Kara goes to buy some stripper clothing. The second we walked in I immediately felt awkward, so I just let Kara decide what to buy and whatnot.

"Okay, I've got a few things here for you," I looked at Kara's hands, in one there were five to ten tiny dresses similar to the one I wore last night but in different styles. In the other were a bunch of thongs and lace bras.

"Kara! Who is paying for all this? I don't have much money." I prayed she would just put them down, but of course, Kara being Kara gave me an obvious look, telling me she was going to.

"Kara, no. I'll just buy one for now, then buy the rest when I earn more money."

She laughed, "Honey, I get paid enough to take care of a family with five kids, don't worry about it." I looked at her disapprovingly, she rolled her eyes and kissed me through the air. After that, she paid and we headed to the food court.

After getting our food and picking our table, I noticed three guys sitting a few tables down from us. They looked about the same age as us, maybe older. One had pale skin, bags under his eyes and black hair, the guy was out of it. Another was blonde, looking at us and back to his friend as if they were talking about us. My eyes gazed over to the last one and made eye contact. Wait, is that? No, no it can't be. It was Ken.

"Nia, are you okay? What are you looking at?" I zoned back in and quickly looked at Kara just as she looked over to the guys. The look on her face was terrifying, she looked angry. Very angry. When she took me in, she wanted to go confront Ken, but I convinced her to just leave it. She told me, warned me, that if she were to ever see him again, she would give him hell.

"Kara, no, it's fine." My words were ignored as she darted up and made her way over to the table. Before Kara moved out, her parents made sure she would be able to defend herself in a dangerous situation. Those boxing and karate classes obviously paid off when she grabbed Ken's hair and pushed his face down onto the table, right in the middle of his food. Ew.

She mumbled something into his ear and he looked towards me, fear written all over his face. Kara let him go and walked back over to our table.

I thought it'd be over, that we wouldn't have to speak to each other, but I was wrong.

"Hey, Nia." I heard a voice, his voice beside me. It was deeper now and when I looked over at him I saw that he got more handsome too. Now I noticed how much Alex took in his father's features, so much that I almost reached out to hug him because of how similar they look. It hurt so much, seeing him and knowing that our child was gone and he didn't. I felt so bad.

"I just wanted to apologize, Nia, for leaving you to raise our kid on your own. I hope you're both doing well. Can I ask what his name is?" I looked at Kara, who was just as shocked as I was when he asked that. I thought he'd just apologize and walk away, unbothered.

"Y-yeah, um, his name's Alex. He looks just like you." I answered, hesitantly. I don't think I want to tell him about the accident.

"Can I see him? Is that okay?" I gasped as a tear fell from my face. I look at Kara, giving her a pleading look. She nodded.

"All she needed was an apology, Ken. You can leave now." She told him, leaving no room for argument. He looked at her, speechless.

"Why can't I see him? Isn't that what you wanted, for me to try and be apart of its life?" He argued, making me tense up. If only he knew.

"Ken I'm telling you right now, if you don't walk away you will regret it." Kara hissed, standing up.

"Fine, I'll just go to court and demand custody over him." I froze. What did this piece of shit just say?