28

Levi was now walking past the front door of HQ, heavy bags weighing down on either of his sides. The captain's purchases all were gifts for his 3 coworkers, of which he had bought a short hour ago in town. Whilst shopping, the captain received a package from a mysterious stranger. Preoccupied with his tasks, Levi had put aside investigating the box for later. 

"Good morning, Levi." Mike greeted, pausing his advance. "Happy birthday." 

"Thanks." Levi nodded shortly, reciprocating the motion. 

"Have you eaten breakfast yet?" Mike inquired.

"Yeah." Levi lied, throwing his gaze off and to the side. 

"Well, Hanji told me to come get you if you had." Mike spoke, gesturing twoards the mess hall. "She made a cake for you." 

"Let me go put this shit in my room first." Levi responded, attempting past Mike. 

"Wait." Mike spoke, trailing behind Levi as he walked. 

"What?" Levi questioned with no intention on stopping.

"Have you told him yet?" Mike replied softly.

"Told who, what?" Levi scoffed. "You have to be more specific." 

"Erwin, about your feel--" Mike began. 

"No." Levi replied quickly, widening his eyes after interrupting Mike. 

"You should." Mike laughed, patting Levi's back. "I think he has a thing for you too, like I said before." 

"Funny." Levi spoke in monoene, rolling his eyes. "I'll tell him eventually." 

"But what if by then, it's too late?" Mike huffed. 

"What are you on about?" Levi glared. "Are you insinuating I'd let him die?" 

"Let him?" Mike repeated. "Anyways, I didn't mean it like--" 

"Yes." Levi glared with threating eyes. "I won't let him die." 

Mike ceased his walk suddenly, nodding approvingly before abruptly turning his back to Levi. 

"Erwin's got himself a good pet." Mike mumbled under his breath, walking off. "Be at the kitchen when you're done putting that away." 

"What did you just call me?" Levi spat, throwing his body twoards the voice, however by then, Mike had already disappeared.

"Creep..." Levi insulted, creaking the door to he and Erwin's room open. 

Levi made sure to double check that Erwin was not in the office upon entering the workspace, having recalled the jump scare and embarrassment of the day before. The captain took a moment to blush at the memory, setting down his purchases on a table afterwards. Luckily, all the items he had bought were pre-wrapped, and so Levi hadn't had to worry of decorating the gifts. 

Levi then did as Mike had wished; he diligently made his way to the mess hall, where apparently a cake awaited him. He smiled warmly as he walked, reviewing what flavor Hanji could have decided upon.

"Happy birthday!!" Hanji cheered in glee upon Levi's arrival, wrapping her arms firmly around him. 

"Oh, and I got you this chocolate bar, if you want it." Hanji smiled, shoving the treat into Levi's chest. 

"Hmm." Levi spoke in appreciation, tucking the chocolate away into his pocket. "I'll eat this later."  

"Happy birthday, Levi." Mike smirked, ruffling Levi's hair whilst Hanji embraced the man.