21

Levi was resting inside his designated tent, enveloped in a thin white cover. By then he had changed out of his uncomfortable uniform and into a simple shit. Although his straps were tucked away in a box alongside him, Levi could still feel his skin throb where his circulation was cut daily.

A single caged candle illuminated his small hideaway, exposing every dark corner in the tent. The warm flame light melted away Levi's stress, providing him clear vison within the confines of his tent. The captain crossed his palms over his neck slowly, feeling to adjust an ascot.

"Tsk." Levi mumbled, his frigid fingertips resting upon his neck. The cold contact sent a shiver down his spine. "I took it off whilst I changed."

Unable to sleep, Levi stared aimlessly at his cloth ceiling, contemplating the events of that day.

~~~

"I have set my eyes on... someone else." Erwin mumbled just loud enough for Levi to hear.

~~~

"Someone else, he says..." Levi sighed, allowing his eyelids to droop naturally. "Shit. I wish it were me."

"Then again, why would it be?" Levi questioned. "I may be a man, sure, but..."

"That's about the only qualification I meet." Levi groaned, pulling the sheets over his face.

Levi gripped the blanket firmly, forcefully holding the covers in place. His knuckles whitened and his palms began to sweat. His freshly trimmed fingernails ripped past the cloth, digging into his hands. The pain laughed at Levi, reminding him he was alive. It was almost shoving it in his face.

The captain finally gave in, allowing for the blanket to slip past his grasp. Levi had fallen asleep.

>>>|<<<

"Hey, Levi!" Hanji greeted enthusiastically. "Wake up already, sleepy head! I've got some good news to deliver for once."

"How can you be so energetic... this fucking early?" Levi growled, rubbing his eyes groggily.

"It's 6:55, calm down." Hanji informed, taking the liberty to seat herself alongside Levi. "I've only awoken you 5 minutes early."

"Just say what you must and leave, four eyes." Levi glared, sitting upright. "Unlike some people, I actually have a morning routine."

"You know that super cool discovery we needed--" Hanji smiled, blushing.

"What did you find out?" Levi spoke with newfound energy.

"Well that sure woke you up!" Hanji laughed, clenching her stomach.

"Don't joke about things as important as that, idiot." Levi sighed, stepping into his belts.

"Ehh? I never said I was joking." Hanji smirked, not awaiting a response. "Do you know what this is?"

Hanji pulled a small flask out from her front pocket. She then waved the container in the air, the contents swaying inside the glass in rhythm with the movement. The flask trapped a thick crimson liquid within it's barriers.

"Why do you have blood in a bottle?" Levi inquired, raking a hand through his hair. "That's disgusting, Hanji."

"This isn't just any disgusting old bodily fluid." Hanji informed, forming a circle out of the corners of her lips. "This is Eren Yeager's lifeblood!"

"That makes it even more filthy." Levi glared, backing his head away somewhat.

"That's not the point, Levi." Hanji sighed, shaking her head. "This is a flask of Titan's blood! Titan shifter's blood to be exact."