• her doubt •

Start from the beginning

She'd left in the company's car as he had watched standing by her house's gate. He didn't quite understand her spontaneously weird behaviour when she was the one who called him to drop her for the shoot in the first place. But again, she was crazy just like that. And it had saved him from another huge risk.

After another torturous hour, they were finally on the way to their destination. Hunain parked the car a few yards away from the mansion, on the backside which was near the jungle.

Shaheer was in the security uniform as he wore his black cap on his head, a mask covering his face, ready to go. "Be careful," Hunain said and with a nod, Shaheer got out of the car with the ear piece. Hunain wore his and made some weird voice check noises until Shaheer told him to shut up.

He reached the main gate where four guards stood side by side. This tight security system had delayed their mission for too long. He'd tried to get past them before with a duplicate uniform but the attempt had failed miserably due to bad timing or call it luck because they asked to check for his thumb print recognition in the security system machine and he had to make a run for his life.

Thankfully, the guards were different this time and Hunain had aced the skills to hack into the machine to fake his fingerprint match with Daniyal's with the chip Shaheer had clenched in his fist in case they asked for it again this time. He fixed his cap, walking towards them with confident long strides.

"Where have you been, man?" One of them stopped him with a hand on his chest, making Shaheer clench his jaw under the mask at the contact. He held back a hard glare, taking a step away. "Unit 2 arrived some time ago. Why are you late?" The guard checked the number '2' written over the sleeve of his uniform.

So her shoot was over already, was his first thought. "I was assigned to stay with Miss Gule until her shoot ends." He simply lied and the guards gave each other some skeptical looks. Was it not a trust-worthy lie?

"I drove her back home." He added to make him arriving late look reasonable. He hoped she had reached home safely and not with one of these guards.

"Oh!" One of the guards exclaimed, "you mean you drove her car back home because she's here right now."

Shaheer felt as if a punch was thrown at his face because he really was exposing his own self due to his genius lies. Gule was there, at the enemies house, right now, while he was lying about dropping her off.

"Oh shit!" Hunain cussed in his ear and Shaheer had to control every single nerve in his body to not react in any way possible.

"Yes, nobody would be suspicious of her whereabouts from the shoot now since her car is back home." The other guard added in a low voice then looked back at Shaheer. "Good job."

Confused at his words, Shaheer gave a nod with creased brows. What did he mean by that? Suspicious about what? He didn't get a good feeling and something inside him woke. Concern for her safety.

"Anyways, go to the security room. Boss will be back soon." He added and Shaheer didn't waste a second to enter the gates crossing them with a lowered head. It could've been a bad timing again, but maybe he had a good luck ( charm ) this time.

"Well, that was close." Hunain commented with a sigh of relief. "Don't utter a word until you're asked to, bewaqoof." Shaheer seethed.