☀︎︎ two o'clock ☀︎︎

❀❀❀

❀❀❀

"I'm going to kill him!" Zuha punched the table, anger evident in her voice, words and action. The laptop's screen shook due to the impact as the person on the video call flinched.

The weekend had arrived, it was already over actually. It was 1:00 AM, Monday had started. He did not fulfil his promise to her. She had been so excited, counting days till the weekend to go visit her parents with him as per his word.

And no, it wasn't because of the argument they had. In fact, they had made up the very next morning with his apology if that's what we could call it. "You can do whatever you wish to do. My reaction wasn't right, I admit." They were at the breakfast table, and when Zuha continued giving him a silent treatment, he continued talking. "To give a proper justification, I was just stressed out about the work and sleep deprived which made me overly sensitive. It still wasn't my place to, you know, dismiss your idea like that."

She was glad he admitted it out loud and didn't let his ego stop him. When Zuha gave him a light smile, he offered to ask about the depths of her plan and they spent the time eating breakfast while she talked about different ideas she had searched up and him nodding with small 'hmm's.

Although the next two days till the weekend had almost been the very same. Him going after breakfast, coming late at night and going to sleep. She had made a routine now too. She was adjusting and getting used to it.

She thought he'd remember. On saturday, just for a reminder, she had put up a sticky note on the dressing table where he usually stands going through his files when getting ready. Though, it was him who offered and promised to take her, she expected him to remember and bring it up himself. Did he not see the note?

What should she make out of this behaviour? Carelessness. If he was busy, the least he could do was tell her. She had been spamming him with messages and he could not even bother to respond for a second? Even a one word reply could do!

She was so mad. So so mad. Her brain felt like exploding. And there was nobody in the house she could complain to. So now, here she was on a video call with her best friend, Eshal.

"Oh-no. Calm down, Zuha. That's the last stage, remember. First we slap, punch, or kick. To be less violent, maybe act civilised, you know. Talk it out. Attack with words. They hit straight to the gut. Trust me." Eshal acted out each word coming out of her mouth, flapping her hands in every direction in the screen's view, trying to lighten the heavy mood. 

"Right." Zuha exhaled a huge breath.

"Communication is the key." Eshal nodded with a pointing finger.

"He's giving me anger issues I didn't know I could ever have." Zuha's nostrils flared in anger, her face still in a frown.

"My thirteenth reason to never get married." Eshal exclaimed with a blow to her fallen hair strand.