• her saviour •

Start from the beginning

"Tou mein unko chalany ky qabil nai chorun ga." He said flatly, jaw clenched. Shock and amazement covered her face.

The calmness in his stride. The relaxed shoulders. The confidence in his wondrous eyes. She knew that he wasn't lying or boasting.

He walked out the door and she silently stood in the same spot. She heard loud noises, something breaking, someone groaning, making her shut her eyes and shudder with each voice.

Should she call the police? No, they'd take him away to lock up. He's the intruder if considered from their view.

Is he a thief? He had a gun on himself too. Her thoughts rushed from one to another, as she bit her nails.

She gasped remembering the human body lying there on the ground. Should she call the ambulance for him? Did he hit him that hard?

He definitely was strong and built. If two blows from him had this bulky man passed out like this, he'd surely be fine. Gule breathed out, assuring herself.

There was silence on the other side of the door now. Gule collected her phone, things and bag. Giving a disgusted look to an unconscious Sameer, who had a bruised cheek due to the punch, bleeding nose, swollen or broken, she didn't care as she rushed out of the room feeling suffocated.

She'd rather have him waking up in pain in the same position, but the consequences of it and her love for her father didn't allow her to ignore him. Worst, when his father, Ruman, would find out, that would be great trouble for her. But then again, he was in the wrong. How was he planning to get away with his dirty intentions?

She called on the emergency number, not finding even a shadow of his guards outside the room. Her mind boggled with a billion thoughts and questions.

Did they run after him? Did he beat them up? Starting from these simple ones to intense scenarios of murder.

What if they shot him and the guns weren't empty? No, she hadn't heard gunshots.

What if he ended up beating them to death like he beat Sameer to pulp and dragged their bodies away to hide them?

Was her new crush a murderer? She slapped a hand over her mouth. She must be crazy. There was no way. He might have that tough exterior, but the man who brought her those khussas wasn't heartless enough to kill someone. Ever.

She needed to take a break from her chain of thoughts and get away from this place as soon as possible.

On the other hand, Shaheer had come across two guards standing with their back towards the door at a distance. One had his rifle to the front side in his hand, the other had it hanging on his shoulder at the back.

He went for the latter man, grabbing his rifle and pulling it with full force taking him by shock. The other guard tightened his hold on the rifle, bolting forward to attack Shaheer.

Before he could hit the target, Shaheer dodged it, twirling to the other side and giving him a high flying kick on the chest. The man staggered backwards, grunting, when his back crashed into the edge of the shelf, dropping the decoration pieces on display.

The second guard thrashed forward to strike him with a punch in the stomach and Shaheer was a second late to avoid it. The impact? It wasn't even hard enough to have him double over in pain. He had seen worse. He had experienced pain. His steeled body was now almost numb to physical aggression.