"Camille honey. What do you think you're doing?" My mom asks. I slowly drop my spoon into the tub and turn around to face her. "Eating my feelings." I respond.

"No no! Haven't you learned from me that eating your feelings just puts you more in your feelings until you're crying into your ice-cream bowl." She takes the ice cream from me and set the tub in the sink, "You just wasted perfectly good ice cream," I pout.

"Sit down." She grabs my arm and leads me to our couch, as she sits down she crosses her legs under her. "You're overthinking it. If he wanted you there when he got out clearly nothing he feels about you has changed." That's the problem, I don't know how he feels. 

"New York, as much as I love it, reminds me of dad." I look down at my hands. I don't like seeing her face when I mention him. 

She stares down at the coffee table, "Your father will never be anything more then a coward. He is too scared to step up and play his roll as a parent. He knows he will never be anything compared to me. Look at me! I'm 30 years old and I'm still kicking it! And I play the mother and father!" She shouts. 

"Ma no one says, 'kicking it' anymore." I laugh. 

"Sure they do." She taps my leg, "Just have fun Cami. Fuck your dad and anyone else who makes you feel like you're not enough. They are not, and never will be, you." She pulls me into a hug, squeezing my arms. "Alright, now move your ass."

Before I knew it, it was the next morning and Dillion was carrying my bags to the car.

As I grab my last bag my mom stopped me. 

"Be careful, pay attention, use protection. Now for my dad role." She spins around and puts her finger over her lip, "Don't let any boy touch you or I'll kill him, no parties and no drinking, no being out pas-" She cuts herself off, "God being a dad is so boring go have fun and do drugs."

I laugh, "Okay ma...I love you, and please while I'm gone—use protection I don't want a sibling."

"Oh God no!"

We both laughed as I walk out the front door. She puts up a front but I know that there's no other man then my father. She still loves that man with all of her, even after he walked out.

There are three cars. The first one has all of the luggage, Dillion, Axe, Ryker, Kace, and Brea. The second car has Chi, Beca, Anara and Ivy. And the last car had, Aiden, Zach, Letta and I. It wasn't an ideal arrangement. In fact, there is way too many people coming on this trip.

"So Cam..." Aiden drove the car with one hand while his other rested on his lap. "Do you miss him?" He asks. Do I? I don't know. I stare out at the road ahead of us. "I might, I'll never miss anyone more then I miss my bed though."

The car ride felt like forever. We stopped to pee at least twelve times. 

The rest of the car ride after our final pee break, Letta and I talked about our past and how we've both at such unfortunate luck with relationships.

"We're here." Aiden says as he turns to his exit. 

I'll never forget the bright lights of this city, the sounds of traffic and people filling my ears. Nostalgic. I do wish the trash and sewer smell would go away though...and the rats. I shiver at the thought. These rats are huge, ran across my feet many times. Not a ran. 

We arrived at the hotel and dropped our stuff off around four am, although check in was at eleven. Dante gets out in three hours. Three. 

I've always been fascinated with the sky. I loved the stars, the sunrises, the sunsets, the storms, it was all beautiful to me. It's mysterious, so deeply unknown. 

They bought 5 hotel rooms. Every other room had two beds, but of course they put Dante and I in the one with only a single bed. I will sleep great regardless. Nothing ruins my sleep. 

"Are you ready?" Letta asks in the hotel lobby while we wait for the boys. She grabs  my hand and gives it a squeeze. "Nope." I answer honestly. "Good thought process. You look beautiful come on." We all managed to pile into one car, some people sitting on the floor, some in the trunk and some on laps.

The drive wasn't long, thank God. Maybe ten minutes. We tend to argue if we are in the same areas together for too long.

"You ready?" Dillion asks. "All of us can't go in so it's just me and you." He opens my door, "Ready as I'll ever be." I respond. 

We ring a buzzer and walk into the building. 

"Who ya here for?" The lady behind the counter asks as she obnoxiously chews her gum. She looks like she hates her job, then again it'd be a little weird if you enjoyed your job having to wake up that early in the morning. 

"Dalesio." He says. She stopped chewing her gum as she eyes my body and face. "You must be the girl, he's very observant." I look at her and furrow my eyebrows. The girl? He's talked about me? 

She presses a button behind her desk, "Send Dalesio out." We wait a moment before the metal door opens and Dante walks out. He's wearing a white wife beater and black sweatpants. 

Jesus. 

He looks different...not too different, but different. He looks more tough, more muscular, more tattoos. 

"Dante your girl is here for you." The lady behind the counter says as he shifts his eyes to me. Hearing people call me his girl fills my stomach with butterflies. Gross.

He stares at me for a moment longer before slowly stepping towards me and pulling me into a tight hug. I don't react right away, he never came across to me as a hugger, but it doesn't take long for my body to react and hold him. 

It felt as if we were to let go of each other, we would both disappear. I wanted to hold on forever...but I can't. 

I don't know what Dante and I are in this moment but none of that matters to me right now. What matters is that my rude friend is back with me and safe.