When it became darker outside Harry and I went to my bedroom and started getting ready for bed. Harry got into one of my bigger shirts, and slipped under the covers. I got ready as well, slipping my shirt off from my back , and got into some sweatpants.
"Hey Harry?" I asked, as I slipped under the covers next to him. "Yes?" he yawned. snuggling up to me, and putting his head in the crook of my neck.
"Why did you say you should've listened to your mom when we were at the park? You never said." I remembered, figuring asking him now that he's alone it would be better for him.
"She told me not to go, and when, I did go, she told me not to go back." he replied groggily into my neck. I quirked a brow, even though he couldn't see me.
"Go where?" I asked, tentatively.
"The Void." he said.
The Void. I remember him telling me some about it.
"What did The Void look like?" I asked, but heard a soft snore in reply. I wrapped him in my arms, cuddled up to him, and fell asleep. He'll tell me when he's ready.
-

I woke up and began putting on my work uniform. I work today, meaning I'll have to leave Harry on his own for the first time since the incident in the hospital parking lot. Yeah, hell no. I Got ready and sent Niall a text.

(xxx) (xxx) (xxxx): hey its louis, do ya think you could watch harry for me while i'm at work?

niall: sorry mate, i'd love to but i have to go to work as well, maybe ask liam

Louis: sure, thanks anyway.

I sighed, praying liam could do it for me, I really didn't want to leave Harry on his own.

(xxx) (xxx) (xxxx): liam, it's louis, do you think you could watch harry for me while I'm at work?

Liam: can't mate i'm studying and running errands all day, have you asked niall?

loueh: yeah i have

Liam: damn, sorry
Liam: maybe just tell harry to stay inside the house or to take a nap or something

loueh: i guess i'll have to, thanks though

I wanted to cry. I had no other option than to leave him here alone.  I can't take a person to work with me. I could ask zayn, but him and I aren't on the best terms, and i'd be a knob to ask him for a favor after what i said to him.

Although it really wasn't his place to try and tell me what to do with Harry, he saw how he reacted when we tried to take him back to the hospital yet he still suggested it, how insensitive. He did help me, though, getting into the hospital to get the file on harry. God, I can't have this right now. I have to go to work.

I shook Harry awake, and his eyelids fluttered open, showing his light green eyes.
"louis." he murmured, wrapping his arms around my neck and pulling me down to him.
"mhp! harry." I muffled into his chest.
He planted a kiss to my lips, and smiled.
"love, i've got to go to work again, and i have to leave you here. Could you stay, and just not leave the house for me?" I said.
His bright green eyed dimmed down, a glint of hope dying in them.
"You're leaving me?" he asked. I shook my head.
"No. no, no, no. I'm coming back later, but you'll have to stay here. Can you do that for me? '' I asked him.
He was quiet for a moment, and then looked at me, nodding his head.
"okay, okay." I sighed in relief.
"good." i said, leaning in and kissing his lips. He smiled.
"I'll be back later, I love you." I said, then instantly froze.
"Uh, i mean-"
"You mean that?'' he asked, a red face with wide eyes.
My stance softened.
"Yeah." I admitted, "I do." I said.
Harry smiled, brighter than anything, any piece of stray metal on the road when the sun catches it, any diamond under the light. Brighter than the sun.
"I love you too." he said.
I blushed. No one has said they loved me in such a long time, and probably have never meant it.

"I'll see you when I get back." I said. He nodded, coming up to me and wrapping his arms around me.

"Okay." He said, breathing out and letting me go.
And I was off to work, leaving him alone.
-

Louis left and I immediately became bored. I rummaged through his closet until I found a notebook. I opened it and all of the pages were empty. I found box art supplies at the top of his closet and began drawing. First it was a dog, under a rainbow. I named him jimmy. Next I drew a volcano, with storm clouds above it.

My brain started going fuzzy after that. I was thinking of the cloud that was in the sky among the pink clouds. It was thick and dark grey. Goosebumps ran up my spine and down my arms. I remember that day, getting ready to jump over the ledge when someone stopped me.
"What lies beneath what you're standing on is very dangerous. You'll never be able to return here again. You're the only one who was ever curious enough to test the limits, and now that you have I'm going to let you keep your memory of it." the man had spoken, after a simple snap of his fingers sent all of my friends and family straight to the ground.

I shook my head, trying to draw something else to keep my mind off of it. I picked a pink crayon up, and started sketching a circular shape.

"That is, if you come back over to this side." He said.

I never went back over to the other side, the bright green side of the fence. Why do i still have the memory of it? Is he haunting me? Making me feel guilty for leaving my friends, my mother and sister?

But niall and liam are here, and they don't know me.

Did he erase their memories so I would be alone?

No.

The paper beneath me ripped. I looked down and realized I had drawn The Void. In full. The gate, the barbed wire, the people standing on the other side of the fence, collapsed.

Me on the bad side.

The man standing.

The second I looked at him I got a thought in my head.

Go back to the hospital parking lot. The boarded off dock is where you need to go, that's how you can go back to candy land.

I nodded, getting up and walking to the front door.

I put my hand on the door handle.

Louis told you to stay here.

I'll be right back.

You told him you wouldn't leave.

I'll come back.

And what if you don't? What if you get trapped there and can never come back.

I won't. You need to let me do this.

I twisted the handle and opened the door, the sun was starting to go down.

He told you he loved you.

I tried to shake it off, and began walking. I didn't know where i was going, but for some reason my legs did.

Off to the dock. I'm coming mom, gemma.