2. the world of fire ☆

When Theo said he wanted to learn more, this wasn't what he meant.

He felt strangely warm. He didn't dare to look though. He kept his knees tightly to his chest, wings wrapped around himself safely. His eyes were screwed shut while his face was buried between his knees.

He didn't want to see where he landed, he was already scared and his heart was pounding loudly in his chest.

He was breathing hard and fast, his bottom lip trembling in fear. He almost jumped when he heard the sound of a slap on the skin. And that wasn't the only sound, there were a lot of sounds that Theo tried to ignore and block away, he tried to listen to his heart instead of listening to the horrifying screams.

He knew exactly where he landed, where he was but he didn't want to accept it. He told himself that everything is okay, that Stiles didn't betray him like that, that he was home safe. He told himself that the place that surrounded him right now wasn't real.

He's seconds away from bursting into tears. He had been so stupid, so damn stupid. Why did he trust Stiles? He always felt like Stiles was a little off and harsh with him, but he didn't want to acknowledge it because he thought he had a friend, someone who would understand him, someone who he could talk to. But he had been so wrong. Stiles led him to this.

And the worst part is that he couldn't find himself to blame Stiles. He could only blame himself. It was his fault, his mistake.

A tiny whimper escaped through his lips. He kept his eyes shut.
His family will realise he disappeared, right? Surely they will tell Scott and then they'll save him and then he will... he will what? He wouldn't bring himself to be able to tell Scott that it was Stiles' fault because it was Theo's fault too.

He's the one who wanted to break the rules and learn more in the first place, so maybe he deserves it. Maybe he deserved this type of punishment. Everyone will be disappointed, even Scott.

His tiny body kept shivering even though the atmosphere here was really warm. Then he froze instantly at the sound of footsteps that were approaching him.

He attempted to curl tighter in a ball, to keep himself protected. The thought of someone or something finding him scared him to death. Now he felt like crying even more than before, he could feel the tears building in his eyes.

"What do we have here?" came a hoarse voice. "Hm, a little angel, and also a young one."

Theo tightened his wings around him.

"Hey, don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you." the person said but Theo didn't know if he should trust them. "My name is Corey." the person spoke softly, shooting Theo's fear.

The angel let his guard down, tucking the wings on his back as he slowly opened his eyes. He was met by a young boy probably of his age, with brown hair and brown eyes that was kneeling besides him. The boy smiled softly at him.

"Don't look around little one, keep your eyes on me." Theo nodded slowly, and he sat up, looking at Corey.

"I'm Theo.." he said eventually, trying to calm himself down.

"Nice to meet you Theo, now tell me. How did you get here?" Corey asked him carefully.

Theo didn't know the boy that much but he already liked him. The boy just had a calming aura that made him feel better.

"Uh, I always wanted to learn more about Hell, Heaven and other things. I've told my best friend about that and he said he wanted to help me with that, but uh, he.. kind of betrayed me and that's why I'm here." he spoke honestly, because even if he was in Hell, lying was still a sin so he couldn't do it.