"He told me that he needs to go back to the cabin we were staying in to sort something out. I begged my grandfather to take me with him because I was scared standing in the middle of the woods on my own. However he didn't listen, left me there and told me to stay and wait for him. After about an hour I grew anxious and tried to walk back to the cabin. It took me three hours to find my way back and when I entered the cabin my gaze fell on his body that was covered in blood.", he paused for a moment.

"Then I saw another man standing in front of him. When they noticed me my grandfather looked at me and said sorry. The man turned towards my grandfather again and shot him right in his heart. He fell down on the floor and was dead. And I knew he was gone and would never come back." A single tear left his eye and rolled down his cheek.

"I am truly sorry Matteo.", I said with my voice trembling. Pulling him into a tight hug I ran one hand over his back and tried to soothe him. He has been through a lot. Seeing him like that makes my heart break. I can't imagine watching someone get killed right in front of my eyes at such a young age. After a few minutes I pulled back and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"That one night you weren't in bed with me I had a nightmare. I dreamed that you were taken from me and killed. Waking up and looking around I thought it was truly happening and I was scared as shit. I can't watch another person I care about die.", he stated staring deep into my eyes.

"It could happen. And if that would ever happen it's ok. I always hoped for a better life and you gave it to me. Never in my whole life have I been as happy as I am right now. Whenever you are around I feel blessed and I wouldn't want to change anything.", I told him.

"I don't want that to happen." Matteo wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck.
"I don't want that to happen to either of us too.", I whispered in his ear.

When he pulled away we finished eating breakfast. The sun was already fully up and we sat there in comfortable silence enjoying the view for a while. Matteo laid back on his side and turned to me. I did the same before speaking up.

"Pietro invited us over for dinner. I already accepted."
"Since when are you the boss and get to decide anything without asking others?", he said with seriousness in his voice.
"The day you asked me to be your girlfriend. So, you better get used to it.", I told him and he chuckled.
"As long as you're still respectful and listening to the things I tell you it's ok. Otherwise I will still have to punish you." A smirk formed on his face.
"Are you flirting with me Mr. Rizzo?", I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Yes I am Ms. Potters." His statement caused us to burst out in laughter.

After we calmed down I reached out for my sketchbook. Sitting up I started to draw the beautiful scenery and Matteo watched me the whole time. He never took his eyes off my face which made me slightly nervous. The drawing took some time and when I was almost finished he fell asleep. I took the opportunity and started to draw him again. This time I drew him with his eyes open since I glanced over at him when he was staring at me and knew how he looked like.

Once I was done I grabbed a water bottle and unscrew the cap. Suddenly water splashed  all over my shirt.
"Shit.", I mumbled quietly. Matteo woke up and looked up at me.
"I like your red bra.", he whispered. My eyes immediately widened when I looked down at my chest. The white shirt was now transparent thanks to my amazing water spilling skills.
"Shut up."
"Watch you tone angel.", he warned me.
"Or what?", I asked him challenging.
"I prefer you being able to walk tomorrow. Don't forget, we have a dinner appointment."

Heat instantly rushed to my cheeks as I was imaging the scenarios he could have meant. To hide the blush visible on my cheeks I looked down and quickly took a sandwich. He ate something too and when we finished he got up holding a hand out to me. I looked at him confused.

"May I have this dance?", Matteo asked.
"If you put on some music, you may.", I answered taking his hand and standing up.

He chuckled and turned on a slow song. Then he put his hands on my waist and mine were snaked around his neck. We started swaying to the music while staring into each other's eyes. The sun slowly went down again leaving us dancing to a stunning sunset.

When the song ended he bend down to me and placed his hands on both of my cheeks. Leaning closer to him he crashed his lips on mine. At first he kissed me slowly and softly. Then the kiss quickly turned more passionate and quickened. One of his hands traveled down to my arm then to my waist and lastly to my back. For a moment we just continued to kiss each other while he bit down on my lip a few times. His hand on my back went even lower grabbing my ass. A moan escaped my mouth and he pulled away.

We were both breathlessly gasping for air. I stared at him and saw his ocean blue eyes full of lust. Mine probably held the same emotion. All I know is that I'm thankful I am not a man. Otherwise I would have had a boner now.

"It's getting late. We should get back.", he said. I nodded and we started packing everything up. Walking back to the car he held my hand and smiled brightly.
"This place is the most important and special one to me. I'm glad you appreciate it as much as I do.", Matteo told me when we reached his car.

"Thank you for sharing your special place with me and telling me so many things about you. No one has ever done anything even remotely like this for me."
"You deserve this and so much more."

After we sat down in the car Matteo drove back to the villa. I fell asleep as soon as he started driving since last night we didn't get a lot of sleep. I mean hello? He woke me up in the middle of the night to watch a sunrise. Although it was beautiful but I am tired. And he already slept when I was drawing. This is totally fair.

The past week I craved his touch and passionate kisses so much. One thing I know for sure is that when we are back in our room I want another kiss like the one we just shared.

.........

I hope this wasn't too much cheesiness for you. Maybe.. just maybe.. the next chapter will get a little hotter. *wink*

There are around 10 chapters left....and a lot of things that will happen. Be thrilled! ;)

We all faced loss which makes us afraid of loosing someone we love again.
Loss can be death, a breakup, a friend leaving for college or anything else.
It came to my attention that some people lost a friend because their friendship didn't make it through the pandemic/Covid-19. If that has happened to you I'm sorry. There will be people that won't leave you and will try to make the friendship work no matter what.
If you need someone to talk to, you can reach out to me.
Love you🖤