48 - Celebrations (EP. 02)

Start from the beginning

Almost.

“Woah, Arendelle! Puberty hit you that hard, huh?”

Elsa froze, knowing exactly where that blunt statement came from—most accurately, might she add—since it isn’t entirely too hard to verify which and who the specific woman clad in dapper Versace was among the quartet walking alongside her trail.

Aiden raised a brow at the brunette, whose hands were on her hips as she strode forward with a joking smirk making its way to grace her features the more she closed the distance between herself and the couple.

“I mean, right now I can hardly recognize the girl who used to look like a twig years back.”

Aiden raised a brow upon hearing the candid comment. Elsa clasped her hands together as she skillfully hid a grimace with a warm smile, “It’s great to see you Stell. It’s been so long hasn’t it?”

Stell folded her arms, “By the term long, then you must mean the five grand magazines you took over with the covers. Or Arendelle Co’s constantly rising revenue,” She prattled on, after sparing some time to grab the perfume from her purse, “Not that Arendelle Capital was already bulging with the dividends anyway. And those were just for starters. So yes indeed, it’s been a while.”

Aiden had to remember it would have looked impolite in front of a guest to wrinkle his nose at the thousand dollar fragrance she owned.

Elsa sucked in a shaky breath upon seeing the other familiar faces who have taken their place beside their friend. She tried to distribute a fair portion of her attention towards Leif and Fern, but she couldn’t help but smile genuinely at the sight of the other duo standing beside them—especially that one of the duo was her bubbly cousin.

“Punzel, Eugene, I’m happy you made it,” Elsa grinned, and she managed to maintain a smaller version of her expression when she turned her eyes towards the other pair, “You both too. I’m really happy to see you all in attendance.”

“I can’t really blame Stell for being so surprised,” Fern laughed, “But damn, Elisabeth, I see now why you decided to get off the top three of fine bachelorettes,” she sent a teasing glance towards a nervous Aiden.

“Hey fellas,” he sheepishly scratched his head, “Apologies for my... Uh.. silence. Name’s Aiden.”

“No need to introduce yourself, honey,” Leif winked, “Who doesn’t know Director Laurant? They should be ashamed of themselves. Leif Ferguson.”

“Fern Holleskøg.”

“Stellen Jorg.”

“Rapunzel Fitzherbert.”

“My man,” Eugene stepped forward, “Eugene Fitzherbert, but please call me Flynn. Pleasured to finally meet the guy who stole our Elsa’s heart.”

Aiden smiled and willingly shook the man’s hand, sensing strongly that Flynn and the golden-blonde haired woman beside him were the closest to his fiancée unlike the rest, “It’s nice to meet you. There is a table reserved for all of you in there—so let us all enjoy the party. I believe that the festivities are to start in a few minutes now.”

The group’s departure eased the atmosphere for Elsa completely. The Creative Director noticed her relief after catching her gaze, not exactly knowing if it was because of how they were the last of the guest list or how the group have parted from them. “They were quite interesting, weren’t they?” Elsa sighs, raking her fingers through her hair in distress.

“The first one was, mostly,” Aiden conceded.

“Oh, you mean Stell,” Elsa chuckled, “She was sort of right with the little flashback part. I wasn’t really the best-looking person years ago. My frame clearly used to show I didn’t have a healthy relationship with my appetite.”