My Story

(photo edit courtesy of Annette on Amino Apps)

I laid on my pillow in my room. The fur by my eyes was hardened in dry tears. I felt so miserable. Why? Why did she have to be taken away? I loved her...

My mom ended up coming into my room a lot to check on me, she hugged me and gave me soothing words. My dad was gentle on me too, he was extra kind to me. My sisters were super sweet too. Everyone seemed really thankful to have me back.

At one point, Scamp came in and I turned away from him. It was his and his girlfriend's fault that I was in this mess.

"Dani, please listen to me. I'm sorry about today..." he started

"Scamp, she was my one thing. I don't have much Scamp but that was it. I just...I just wanted her" I rasped

"We didn't know, I'm sorry. I thought she was attacking you. Looking back, we realized we were wrong and Angel feels bad too. Not all junkyard dogs are like how Buster was." sighed Scamp

I didn't say anything. What would I even say to that?

"Dani, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry for what I said yesterday, I'm sorry for all of it. It wasn't me and I'm letting my independence get to my head. I'm sorry, sis. I love you" he said and pushed a bone treat over to me.

I said, gently, "Thanks, Scamp. I love you too"

"You should go to her, Dani"

"What?" I cocked my head

"You heard me. Go to her. I'll tell Mom and Pop that you're just sleeping. I want you to find her again. I want you to have that happiness. I know what it feels like to fall in love, Dani. It's amazing" said Scamp, sincerely

I hugged him, "Thank you, Scamp. Are you sure?"

"Absoluetely! Now go, Dani. This is your story to tell, not ours" said Scamp, gesturing towards the window. 

I hugged him again and darted for the window.

My story with Hailey would not be over yet, just like Scamp said.