21

TW: small mention of injury

"Ow ow ow, mom you're crushing me!" Janus complained as Mal gave him a rib cracking hug.

"I'm so happy you're safe. God I was so worried it was going to be like last time, when the fae killed your father," Mal cried.

"Well, I'm alive and we finally sent a message to the fae to leave us alone."

"That's right, and you are so grounded!" Mal pinched his ear.

"Ow! What did I do?"

"Virgil told me that you disappeared when you were supposed to get him to safety!"

"Virgil you snitch!"

Virgil just shrugged from where he was on Remy and Emile's couch.

"Don't blame him!" Mal scolded.

"You were in danger!"

"So you put yourself in danger?"

"You're one to talk, hypocrite!"

"Do not talk to your mother like that!" Remy told him.

"Remy dear, not your job," Emile reminded him softly.

"If the fae ever comes back again you get to safety!" Mal demanded.

"Fine fine, we won't fight next time."

Mal smiled, satisfied that she won. "Good. Oh, and good job saving Prince Remus."

"He kinda forced me to," Janus mumbled.

"I saved you first!" Remus called as Emile put healing ointment on his side.

"I would have found a way out eventually!"

Patton giggled at the bickering. They were like one big family. He leaned against Logan's shoulder and the knight smiled, a light blush dusting his cheeks.

Roman sat down next to Virgil and put his arm around him. Virgil leaned into Roman with his eyes closed and took his other hand in his.

"So, I guess it's time for you guys to go home," Virgil said.

"I guess so, though we may stay the night," Roman replied.

"Yeah, you four aren't going anywhere until you're ready," Remy told the humans. He looked over to Remus's injury and gagged slightly, "I hate blood."

"I thought you were a vampire," Roman pointed out.

"I am, doesn't mean I have to like blood. I drink coconut milk, it does the trick somehow."

"Oh, coconut milk can be used for blood transfusions," Logan said. "It's quite fascinating, but I never learned much about it because I was more interested in stars during my study."

"You have to study stars to be a knight?" Mal asked.

"No, I was going to be a scientist before I became a knight."

"Do you ever think of retiring?" Patton asked. "You are getting old."

"So are you."

"Yeah but I'm a servant, not a knight. Besides, I don't ever want to serve anyone other than the royal family."

Logan hummed, "Perhaps I will retire in a few years."

Patton smiled. "You're always allowed to stay at my place when you do."

"Remy, can you see if we have enough blankets and pillows for everyone?" Emile asked as he finished up wrapping Remus's wound. "Then can you help me out with dinner?"