Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Farewell

Today is the day! At hindi ako halos makatulog buong gabi sa kakaisip na papasok na ako sa Academy. Nakahanda na ang aking gamit, nasa loob na ng karwahe, kailangan ko nalang makipag-usap sa Reyna at Hari sa huling pagkakataon hanggang sa bibisitahin nila ako o uuwi ako sa palasyo. But I know the latter is the best.

Pumasok ako sa loob ng opisina ng Hari at nakitang nakatayo ang reyna habang may masamang tingin sa aking ama.

"This is not acceptable Laurence! Don't you dare!" Sabay turo ni Ina kay Ama habang nagagalit. But my father look at her with an amused face na sa tingin ko'y mas lalong ikinagalit ng reyna. And I don't know what my mother did that make my father amused. But I guess he always amused by the queen.

"Ailene its fine, its her descision. She's not a child anymore. Let her," he said as he tried to approached my Mother.

"Don't you dare take a step! Stay there!" My mother threatened, the king stayed as he watched my Mother. Now this is really amusing to watch. I know how the king loves the queen so much and he let her do everything she want him but I guess there are things my dad decided not to.

"My queen-"

"Shut up," then glared at him.

My dad closed his mouth and did a zipper sign to his mouth.

Napagdesisyonan na magsalita para makuha ang kanilang atensyon. Lumapit ako at bumaling sa Ina.

"Your Majesties," I said and bow my head a little.

Napabaling ang aking Ina sa akin. Galing sa galit na mukha, umamo agad ito at ngumiti sa akin.

"Laurine, sweet heart," she said and approached me.
"Are you really sure about this love?" She asked as worry itch in her face.

Agad akung ngumiti sa kanya to comfort her. I know she was worried but I can manage.

"Mother its fine, and let me remind you that you already agreed to it."

She sighed and held both of my hands.

"Well, its not easy to me. This is your first time to leave the castle Laurine."

"And I want to know the kingdom more my queen. And you know how I wished to study in the Academy."

She pout and hugged me tightly.

"Please be careful love." She whispered as she gently kissed my cheek.

"Yes mother."

"Laurine, you do realize that I don't like this idea of yours?" My father interrupt us.

"What idea?" Nagtatanong saad ng reyna habang tumingin sa Hari.

"Laurence?"

"Ayaw niyang dalhin ang ating pangalan at ang kanyang pagiging royalty."

Nanlalaking matang tumingin sa akin ang reyna.

"What? Laurine? No!"

"Mother, please. I don't want the previlages that I get. I just want to feel normal for once. Just let me to be a commoner, just this. I will let you announce it in my birthday." Nagdadalawang isip pa ang aking Ina. But later on she sighed.

"But I know some of them will recognize you Laurine. You resembled your father." Napatingin ito sa Hari na lumapit na din sa amin, he snaked his arms around the waist of the queen.

"Don't worry about that my queen, I already planned it out." As I smiled at her.

"Ailene, just let her. Hindi ko naman hahayaang masaktan and hindi siya respetuhin. I know she already know what to do."