25) waiting

THE IZUKU PROTECTION SQUAD!!!! This is amazing and i fucking love it!! thank you @dragonpyre on Tumblr!

The next day passes by much quicker than he would've hoped.

Students were given the day off from school since they all nearly died, which means Izuku has nothing else to do but research more on the attack and go out patrolling. It's a Thursday, which means he's supposed to go over to Kacchan's house for dinner tonight, but Izuku can't bring himself to actually interact with anyone right now. His nerves are shot, and he can barely focus on anything besides the work laid out in front of him.

His blond friend has been texting him nonstop since Izuku told him he wouldn't be able to make it, and while Izuku is glad Kacchan cares, each ping of his phone makes him want to rip out his hair.

He ends up silencing it, telling AINA to only patch through messages from his clients or Eraserhead.

Izuku is happy that he and his friend are back on speaking terms, of course, it just sucks that it had to be a villain fight that brought them back together.

Patrol was busy this morning. News of the incident made national headlines, and the League's daring attack on the best heroics school in Japan seemed to have inspired many other criminals and villains to act out.

He unfortunately had to cut his patrol short, however, due to a random local hero chasing him halfway into the city. This is why Izuku is currently at home right now, the sun's last rays peeking in through the broken balcony windows as he finishes up on his new prototype ring. The one he has on now isn't working the way he wanted it to anymore, and he can't exactly pop five of those pills to stop the symptoms from appearing again, so a new ring is a must. All he needs for it is a few more materials and then he should hopefully be set.

No more impromptu vomit or bloody coughs. He can pretend nothing bad is happening and just move on, just like how he's been doing with everything.

He has to perfect his USJ journal before going out for another patrol. His character analysis for each criminal and student is done, so now a quick rewatch of all the footage is due, just for Izuku to see if he missed anything.

Missy comes and sits on his keyboard halfway through, not moving until Izuku goes to pick her some catnip off the plant in his bedroom—if he stole the potted plant from one of the Home Decor stores during his patrol today, well, nobody but the store manager has to know.

He jots down little notes and bullet points here and there, sipping on the leftover cold coffee he made that morning. He's going to give the journal to Aizawa tomorrow, as he's sure the man isn't gonna let any amount of injuries stop him from teaching. He'll be at school for sure.

It's only right for Izuku to share his knowledge. This isn't some petty gang or something—this is about the League of Villains. This is about the attack that nearly killed three teachers and twenty students. He has no choice but to tell them.

The only thing he's leaving out from the journal is information about All for One. Only briefly did he mention how a higher person must be operating from behind the curtains and pulling the strings. Shigaraki Tomura is a man-child, so there's no way he's the one making the major decisions. Izuku wishes he could tell them everything he knows without screwing things up, but unfortunately it just doesn't seem to be the right way to go.

He's kind of dreading tomorrow. He doesn't want to imagine the look on Aizawa's face when he gets handed the notebook.

Izuku sits back in his rolling chair and spins around, chewing on the tip of his pen as he thinks. Missy is curled up on the back of the couch with her paws tucked neatly into her chest, eyes half-lidded as she stares at him. She is most definitely judging him, even while slightly high off catnip.