xix. inspirational people

━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 19

╚═══════════════╝

⬜️⬜️🟪🟪

⁺˚*・༓☾ ♫ the ecstasy of gold - ennio m♫ ☽༓・*˚⁺

    "KIERA, YOU'RE A much better athlete than Mitchell. You win games, he doesn't," Lucy stated to the girls that were all gathered around in the locker room. "And yet, you're the underdog. Why?"

   "Becasue she's a junior!" Amaya concluded.

   "Oh-okay," Kiera agreed, a bit taken back by her answer as she hadn't suspected it. Sensing that her answer wasn't enough, Amaya listed another explanation.

   "Because she's black!"

   "Yes! Not what I was gonna say, but yes," Lucy agreed wholeheartedly. "But also because we've been told, directly and indirectly, our whole lives that the achievements of men are more important than those of women. Well, I say we forget about that!"

    "Forget that!" Amaya and Evie loudly agreed.

    "Yes, and when you win this, and you will win it Kiera—" Lucy paused for a dramatic effect. "It'll prove we're done with that shit. That shits' cancelled."

    "Yeah!" The other girls agreed. Evie smiled widely over at her magazine partner. Amazed over her unbelievable way of capturing people's attention with her words. She truly was a voice for the revolution.

    "It's much bigger than Kiera. It's for girls everywhere," Lucy said with passion. But before she could continue her speech, the girls quieted down as they heard footsteps coming their way. Everyone waited patiently for the person sneaking up to reveal themselves.

    "Oh, hey, Emma," Vivian said as the cheerleading captain ventured forwards to them. Everyone letting out a breath, as they had feared it might been the devil Shelly.

    "Hey, you wanna join us?" Lucy asked softly. Open for everyone to join their movement at the school (excluding Mitchell and Jay of course).

    "Uh... No, no. I just came to grab this," Emma said, with panic in her voice. Quickly reaching for a random jacket on the bench. Evie frowned, confused over the cheerleader's action.

   "Anyways, so we have to get Moxie to endorse the campaign," Lucy went back to their meeting after Emma made her way out. Being as smart as Lucy were, she figured Moxie couldn't just endorse Kiera, they needed a bit of confusion.

   "I have an idea. Why don't you text yourself?" Amaya joked. Evie's eyes widen over at Lucy as the other girls laughed.

   "It's not me, okay!" Lucy played along, laughing a bit. "I would tell you."

   "Well, if it was me, you all would know. There would be a giant parade," CJ joked. Her voice sounding utterly beautiful.