iv. dinner with the fam

━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 4

╚═══════════════╝

🟨🟨🟨🟨

˚*・༓☾ ♫i'm every women - chaka khan♫ ☽༓・*˚

    THAT NIGHT AT the Wilder house, the sweet sound of Chaka Khan played softly in the background as they ate their dinner. All four members gathered around the dim light table. The two adults enjoying a glass of wine, celebrating how far their kids had come. Meanwhile the youngest swirling around his vegetables, bored.

    There was something about feeling loved by just being there that made Evie's heart swoon. She truly loved her moms: Susanne and Judy. Who were college sweethearts. Finn was tired of hearing their love story, but Evie swore she could listen to it forever. She truly wished she could find that one day.

   "Tell me honey, how's high school treating you?" Susanne asked Finn. In Evie's eyes Susanne was the poster child of everything. She could literally do no wrong, and her advice were almost right every single time. Give of take a few mistakes. The girl always knew she could turn to her with any problems, no judgement.

   "Yeah, Kid. You been so quiet, I nearly thought you haven't been to school the whole week," Judy proclaimed for the other side of the table. In a voice much stronger then her partners. But you gotta have that voice if your trying to silence 30 middle schooler each day. Judy was the mom that Evie would just do stuff with, and what every that might be, Evie always had the greatest time.

   "Yeah, it's been pretty great. I've made this cool friend actually," Finn said, smiling teasingly over at his sister. Evie leaned forward, squinting her eyes at him. Don't you dare. "He's super dope, aaaaaaand he's in love with Evie."

   Both of their parents turned their eyes to the older girl, shock written all over their faces. The teenage girl only shook her head, denying it, while kicking Finn under the table.

   "Honey! What? There's a boy?" Susanne exclaimed, hands covering her smiling lips. When Evie didn't say anything, Finn took that as keep-talking-little-brother.

   "He even said he would teach me to do some tricks on the skateboard, if Evie followed down to the skatepark!"

   "Imma gonna kill you."

   "Honey, no, don't kill your brother." Judy said, laughing along with her wife. "But, doesn't that sound wonderful?"

   "Why don't you go tonight?" Susanne encouraged. A confirming nod coming from the other woman.

  "Oh, no, no. I can't ask now. That would be embarrassing. Besides... he doesn't exist." Evie tried.

  "Uh uh, don't you dare erase Seth like that!" Finn sassed back, pushing his wild hair back to stare down his sister.

  "Seth? Little Seth?" When Evie reluctantly nodded as a confirmation, the two women let out happy noises. "Oh, that's great! I remember him being such a little gentleman."