xviii. confession of love

━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 18

╚═══════════════╝

⬜️🟪🟪🟪
⁺˚*・༓☾ ♫ love affair - umi ♫ ☽༓・*˚

AS YOU COULD imagine, the car drive home was silenced and painfully awkward. And Evie hated every single minute of it. She internally screamed at the boy for his shitty timing the whole car ride. Was it not clear she wanted him to kiss her?

Apparently not, because the only thing that was clear to Seth, was that something had upset her. The boy just couldn't wrap his mind around what it could have been. Had he not been overly nice and polite the whole night?

He hated how he left it at the funeral home, he really did, but he truly didn't want to scare her off. He desperately didn't want to offend or hurt Evie in any form of way, and in the end that was just what he did.

"I had a lot of fun tonight," Seth tried. Sneaking a glance over at the unusual quiet girl. She looked over at him, after hearing his voice, smiling slightly.

"Yeah, it had some sad parts, but mostly it was fun," She replied, nodding her head slightly.

"Yeah."

Then it got quiet in the car again. The silence eating away on both of the teens hearts. Both of them wishing the other one would bring up the awkward ending to their night. But neither did.

When they pulled up to the house, Evie awkwardly said a small goodbye. Smiling slightly over at Seth, as she opened the door. Waiting a few seconds before going out, wishing he would stop her. But with a sad sigh, she stood up.

Seth watched desperately from the inside of the car, as Evie made her way around the car. Her arms hugging herself. The boy gripped the steering wheel tightly.

"Dude, you're blowing it," he whispered to himself as he watched Evie walk away. "You're blowing it!"

In a fast pace, the Acosta boy pushed open the door. Running after the departing girl. Throwing away his nerves for the time being. "Hey, Evie, Evie, wait!"

Evie sighed as she turned around, tears glittering in her eyes. "No, look, it's fine, okay? I was sad and you cheered me up, nothing more than that, i get it."

"I like you," Seth breathed out. "A lot. I do."

"Then why didn't you kiss me," Evie whispered back. "Both those times?"

"I don't know, okay! I got all in my head about it," Seth fumbled with his words. Desperately trying to explain himself. "I stated worrying that maybe I shouldn't come off too strong. Because you're this super powerful feminist, and you're not just a cute girl–"

"I'm not a cute girl?" Evie smiled.

"—I mean you are a cute girl," Seth panicked, not hearing Evie's tone. "Don't get me wrong you're a very pretty girl—"