As you laid down in your bed you felt a sense of happiness, you felt more connected to your grandmother than you had ever been before. She was your comfort blanket family member, she understood all that you were struggling with, she trusted you and you trusted her and now you shared something with her, something only you knew you and your grandmother shared.

You closed your eyes and dozed off for a nap.

After your first week of being at the school alone, you were quite bored. There was barely anyone from Hogwarts around, it was all girls from beauxbatons and boys from Drumstrang, who you mainly tried to avoid. When you weren't strengthening your control of your new power you were stuck up in your room. You went over to your desk and went through your calendar.

"Oh shit, March 31st. Shit oh god." You realised your had preordered both the twins a ring each that was being delivered to their house the day before their birthday. You had no intention to get Fred anything for his birthday but you forgot to cancel any orders. And it was too late now.

You slapped your head into hands and began to panic, you didn't want Fred to get any false sense, but it was now out of your control. Maybe I can write a letter. Maybe I should just leave it. Ugh this is so frustrating.

You decided to just try and forget about it and go to sleep.

More time had passed, the Easter was drawing to an end. You were practically now fully in control of your deep force, thanks to Dumbledore. You had the whole day to yourself before everyone else was to return. You had written to Lee, angelina, cho, Cedric and Adrian during the Easter break. They were all ready to get back and missed being at school, well for the most part.

You hadn't heard from George though, you were expecting at least a thank you. You weren't bothered too much though because he's always very thankful in person.

Over the course of two weeks you were able to finish 4 books, they were the only thing you could do to feel less lonely almost. They all had it so easy. A simple love story most of the time boy meets girl, boy falls for girl, girl falls for boy big wedding and the end. Well that was it most of the time. They never had any backstabbing "best friends". Why couldn't my life just be a simple fairytale.

The dinner was being delayed for the evening as people were obviously coming in on the train at a later time than the usual dinner time. You didn't mind too much since you had snuck out a couple of times and filled your snack drawer with sweets and food from Hogsmeade. There was also talk about someone wanting to throw a party in may, a month before the last task and everyone had been invited. You were 100% going to attend, your life had become quite boring without being with your friends.

You sat back on the sofa, taking over it again with your body when students started flooding their way back into the common room.

"Y/n!" Lee shouted, "wait- have you even moved." You looked and realised you were practically in the same exact place as you had been when everyone was leaving.

"No, I was way too comfy." You replied, smiling as you were happy to see him.

"Where is she?" George said barging in.

"Hey Georgie." You said.

"Take them back y/n, we can't accept these." He held out two ring boxes and insisted you took them back.

"No can do weasel." You said looking back down to your book. 

"You have to. It's too much." He told you.

"George, no. I gifted them to you. I wanted to get them so you have to wear it." You replied, standing up.

"Fine, I'll keep mine. But Fred said you probably sent this in advance and you probably didn't want him to have it now. So here." He held his hand out with the ring box. You went to take it.

"No, just give it to him. I got it from him after all. I don't have anything to do with it." You retracted your hand and let George give it back to Fred. 

"Hey y/n." Angelina waved.

It was nice to be surrounded by people again, things were starting to get a bit lonely around the castle, including yourself.

Fred and Charlotte both entered, flushed with guilt as they looked at you again. You smile dropped as you sat back on the sofa and faced away from them both.

AN:
I know this is a Fred x reader and like I'm not making you talk to Fred right now but I have a reason for this so just yeah.

Also sorry for so many time skips I don't want to write loads of chapters that have no significant meaning to the story. And I want to get to the juicier parts.

Thank you so much for all the support and 18k reads!!!!!!
Stay safe and well,
-i <33