It's safe here.

"Okay, follow me." He says while engulfing his hand in my nimble ones. He leads me toward the living room and immediately a cold draft runs up my arms from all the open space. I keep my spare hand beside me in grasp of support. My fingertips brush gently over the soft fabric of the couch before I feel us come to a halt.

"Then this way." He says while taking a hold of my shoulders once again and spinning me gently so my back gets the radiating heat from the setting sun through the glass doors behind us.
"Open." He whispers.

With that I open my eyes to be met with myself once again in a rectangular mirror. I squint my eyes gently as the reflection of the sun enters them but I quickly realise the sun isn't reflecting off the mirror into my eyes. It's reflecting off a silver pendant hung around my neck.

"Harry isn't this yours?" I ask while walking closer to the mirror and placing my hand flat on my chest, over the piece of Jewellery.

"It was my mother's, then she gave it to me. And now it's yours" he says looking at me through the mirror.

"Harry I cant possibly have this, it's meaningful and if your mother gave it to you I don't want to take that away from you. I haven't even met her yet, imagine her face if I walked in to see I'd taken her sons necklace."

"Yeah, imagine. But it's okay, I'm sure she won't mind at all. Besides, she'd love you. I'm sure she'd be more than happy you're wearing it. If anything she'd most likely tuck your hair behind your ear and tell you how beautiful you look." He says softly.
"Plus, whenever we're together your eyes are always on it." He says cheekily. I swat his arm gently before looking at myself in the mirror.

I take it between my thumb and forefinger and twist it very gently, the sun refracting off all angles. I exhale a sigh

"Do you not like it?" His face drops slightly, very slightly. But to me it broke my heart.

"Harry, I love it more than anything in this world. I just still feel bad." I say meaning every word. This was beautiful and so was the small gesture.

"Aaliyah look at me." Harry says in a tone that what's soft but very dominant at the same time. I hesitate before turning towards him and looking him deeply in the eyes.

"While you're stood here feeling bad about something I willingly gave to you, you're failing to see how I'm saying that you look beautiful in it. And my mother would think so too. It's okay she hasn't seen you, I'm sure she'll understand." He says endearingly, making my heart flutter along with the wings of the butterflies in my stomach.

"Well then I have no option but to accept your lovely words and beautiful gift to me." I say while looking down at my chest to see the necklace sitting perfectly across it in the centre.

"Well petal, I believe I owe you a trip do a dance." He says while reaching for my hand, leaving me no second chances on backing away from the gift of his cross necklace. It felt like it belonged on me, maybe that's primarily down to the fact that it's his. It felt like home and it made me feel safe, more so warm and loved. Just knowing I have a little piece of him with me forever.

"Indeed." I say politely as he takes my hand in his walking toward the front door.

"Aaliyah I know I only said one word when you came down the stairs. But I need you to know that I had to find a way to fit one million words into one. You look absolutely ethereal." He says and it took my by surprise a bit. I didn't know what to say back to that with words but I think my pink tinted cheeks and slight nose scrunch answers for me. Harry laughs lightly under his breath and my reaction to his words. He just knows how much control he has over his dominant words and it's enough to make my heart skip roughly three beats.