Chapter Five: There is no ie

Start from the beginning

~~~

        "They wouldn't let us see granddad when he was dead. Is that because he'd gone to heaven?" The little girl asked.

        "People don't-" I stomped on his foot and he groaned, sitting down in his chair.

        "That's why, yes. Case closed. Well done girls. Dearly sorry for your granddad."

~~~

        "There was a plane crash in Dusseldorf yesterday. Everyone dead." Greg explained as we followed him.

        "Suspected terrorist bomb. We do watch the news."

        "You said 'Boring' and turned over." John pointed out.

        'This man was checked in on board." We looked at the man, dead in the boot of a car. "Inside his coat he's got a stub from his boarding pass, Napkins from the flight, even one of these special biscuits. Here's his passport stamped in Berlin airport. This man should have died in a plane crash in Germany yesterday, But instead he's in a car boot in Southock."

        "Lucky escape." 

        "But he's still dead. That's lucky how?" I asked. 

        "Any ideas?" Greg asked Sherlock.

        'Eight so far."He looked up at me. I raised my eye browns. "Ok four ideas." I cleared my throat. "Maybe two ideas."

~~~

        I now laid upside-down in Sherlock's chair, while he read over John's shoulder with a beaker in one hand and a blowtorch in the other.

        'No, no, no, no. Don't mention the unsolved ones!" He shouted.

        "People want to know your human."

        'Why?"

        "Because they're interested!" I told him.

        'No they're not. Why are they?" I sat up, but quickly laid back down.

        "One thousand, Eight hundred and Ninety Five. I reset that counter last night." John said. "This blog has had nearly two-thousand hits in the last eight hours. This is your living, Sherlock.Not two-hundred and forty different types of tobacco ash."

        "Two-hundred and forty three." We said in unison.

~~~

        "So what's this one? Belly button murders?" Sherlock asked.

        'The Naval Treatment."

        'Oh that's good!" I said.

        "There's a lot of press outside guys." Greg told us.

        "Well they won't be interested in us."

        'Yeah, that was before you were an internet phenomenon.A couple of them specifically wanted photographs of you three."

        'God's sake. John, Grace. Cover your faces and walk fast. Sherlock slapped a newsboy cap on my head, and threw one at John, putting a deerstalker on himself.

        "Still, it's good for the public image. Big case like this."

        "Private detective. The last thing I need is a public image." He flipped his collar up and grabbed my hand, dragging my through the crowd.

~~~

        "Have you seen this?!" I asked, waving the newspaper around. " 'We're all familiar with London's favorite detective and his blogging side-kick, but we decided to shed some light on the third member of their team. Gorgeous Gracie Lestrade has stolen the heart of every man across London. How long until Bachelor John Watson gets a case of Gracie Fever? Would John make a move on his partner's girlfriend?"