Eleven

Cassy was quick to recover and once she was on her feet she snuck up to see the Grounder. If the man was t tied up she would be terrified but she trusted Bellamy and his tying skills.

When Cassy slipped in the room she looked at the Grounder straight in the eyes. She then closed the hatch and walked until she stood in front of him.

"I'm not supposed to be here, but I need to know what the thing you wrote meant." Cassy said with a small voice. The Grounder just like always, kept his gaze to the floor and remained quiet.

"Lincoln please." She proceeded saying, making the Grounder look at her stunned.

"What does Natblida mean?" Cassy asked in a hushed whisper. Bellamy had said that nobody was allowed up here.

"I'll do anything." Cassiopeia reasoned.

"Night blood. Black blood." Lincoln whispered.

"Why were your people shocked to see it? Why don't my people have the same blood?" Cassiopeia asked as she recalled the day Jasper got speared and Cassy was hung upside down.

"Only Commanders have black blood. People that rule all clans." Lincoln responded slowly making sure Cassy understood.

"What clans? There are more of you?" Cassy asked in a hushed voice. "And why does the colour of your blood define your leader?"

"It's always been like that, since the start." Lincoln said tiredly.

"When your people saw my blood they gasped and left. Does that mean they left to inform your leader?" Cassy asked.

"Maybe. Every time they find a night-blood they take the person to Polis and train them until the current leader is dead." Lincoln muttered.

"How many clans are there?" Cassy said. If Bellamy found out she was up here getting answers then she should at least learn something about their camp.

"Twelve." He said monotonous wondering why he was answering the girl's questions.

"Why are you killing us?" Cassy asked.

"You started it." Lincoln said vaguely making Cassy more confused than she was before.

"We didn't kill anyone." She responded. Lincoln didn't respond because Bellamy's voice was getting closer. Soon enough Cassiopeia heard his footsteps.

"We're not done talking." Cassy said and then climbed down the hatch.

"What were you doing up there?" Bellamy asked making Cassiopeia flinch.

"Getting answers." She retorted making Bellamy angry.

"Who let her pass?" Bellamy asked his minions. They all looked at each other anxiously waiting for someone to confess.

"Nobody was here when I came so I figured I'd go see him." Cassiopeia said hoping that Bellamy won't punish them for her recklessness.

Bellamy then grabbed the girl from her wrist and dragged her outside of the drop ship. "What do you think you were doing?" Bellamy asked her harshly using the same tone he would use when he was talking to Octavia.

"I was asking him stuff." Cassy said, she debated whether or not to tell him what she found out.

"Did he say anything?" Bellamy asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah." Cassy responded grabbing the boy's attention again. She decided to tell him, she wasn't going to protect a Grounder that almost killed her.

"They have one leader with the same blood that rules twelve clans. That is what he said. He also mentioned that they are killing us because we started it." Cassiopeia told Bellamy.