Somehow, even if my mom had been part of The Legion, I always thought I was outside of the business, it was just that they wanted something from me. But now that I was the heir...well...I was very much inside.

"But...why would they kidnap me? They could just...slowly influence me or something."

I could feel the accusation in Kyle's voice slowly start to fade away. "That's what makes it complicated. Most leaders of The Legion are grown with The Legion, taught to think and act like them, but obviously that isn't the case with you. But The Legion isn't after you just because you're the heir. They also want information from you. Giselle, your mom, stole a massive amount of files before she left, one of them including a list of people in many of their enemy groups.  She was apparently a rebel and was against everything The Legion believed, probably destroyed all the information she stole, but then she wiped her memory, so apparently no one knows what exactly happened to the files. But the only reason why your mom was allowed to leave was because Roselle wanted to be the leader, and also her family cared for her too much to just kill her off."

"So, what's the information they thought I might have?"

"They think you might remember some things of your past, and when they kidnapped you their plan was to keep you for a long time, and slowly ease you into The Legion. Kill two birds with one stone."

"But then why are they working with the Rhodes?"

"The Rhodes are just a pawn in their game. They both want similar things, so they're working together temporarily."

I sat still for a few minutes, just letting the information soak into my shocked brain. I didn't notice Brook and Mikey leave during our conversation, but Kyle sat next to me, and we were alone in the room.

"You're not part of The Shadow Legion then?" He asked softly.

I suddenly understood why he had thought I was part of The Legion, and the feeling of needing to persuade him I had nothing to do with it surfaced. "No! I promise you...you can ask me anything...I swear I'm not."

"Okay." He breathed sounding defeated, "I believe you."

"Kyle, I'm not sure..." A voice came from the speakers in the room, and I realized people were listening in on us. 

"It's okay. I trust her." He responded, and they didn't reply.

"Come on, let's get out of here." Kyle said, and I stood up numbly, following him out of the hateful room.

* * * * *

My legs travelled as my mind was practically unconscious, barely being able to think of anything. Suddenly I was sitting in Kyle's livivng room, with a can of root beer in my hands. Kyle plopped down next to me, holding a bottle of coke.

"I would have offered you real beer...but I know how you can't tolerate that."

I shook my head at him, not being able to feel the humor I would have usually felt when he joked like that.

"Look, I'm sorry I suddenly accused you like that. You have to understand, I've been taught not to trust anyone my entire life, and when there was a chance I couldn't trust you, I panicked....because I...I trust you more than I should."

I looked at him through my lashes. "What do you mean, more than you should?"

Kyle groaned softly, "don't make me elaborate."

I edged closer to him. "But I don't understand."

"It means I like you," he paused, "and I couldn't stand the idea of having to turn against you."

My heart rate sped up, and I could feel myself wanting to edge closer, to build up the tension. "And what do you mean when you say you like me?"

Kyle obviously took the hint of my flirting tone. "It means I'm dying to close this distance between us."

"Then why don't you?" 

Suddenly Kyle's lips were against mine. Our lips moved against each other like they were going to war, fighting for dominance. I hadn't realized exactly how much I wanted to kiss him, but now that I was, I couldn't get enough. I had expected Kyle's movements to be calm, his heart rate normal, like how they usually were, but I could feel his erratic heart beats against my chest. His hands went up to my head and got tangled into my hair, and I brought my hands up to his chest, to explore his toned muscles.

Then Kyle stopped kissing me randomly, and I gasped quietly at the sudden loss of heat and touch. 

"I can't do this...this isn't appropriate." He said, rushed.

"Are you kidding me? If you say it's because you're my bodyguard, I will smack you."

"It's like I'm taking advantage of you, kissing you when you're most vulnerable."

I raised a brow at him. "Are you saying I'm vulnerable? Because once again, I will smack you."

Kyle smirked at me. "I guess you're right." 

Kyle's lips found mine again, but this time with much less force. His kiss was tender, as he placed his hand by my waist, scooting us closer. His lips moved to my neck, and I shivered, loving the sensation.

"You know this relationship is so cliche, right?" Kyle asked in between kisses, "the bodyguard and the billionaire?"

"I don't care," I breathed, because in all honesty, I didn't. I knew there were bigger problems, I knew this relationship might not be my best decision, but at that moment, the only thing I cared about were the soft kisses he was placing on my skin, and how long I had been waiting for this. He placed a hand gently by my jaw, his hand cupping my cheek. Our lips moved in sync, lingering after every movement, a delicate dance routine.

As I kissed him, I became aware of the fact that this was technically my first kiss. Yes, there had been that thing with Zayden, but he hadn't actually kissed me on the lips. My heart pounded even harder when I thought that for some reason. I wasn't an expert on these kinds of things, but I knew this was an amazing kiss, as far as first kisses go.

Then a bang came from the door followed by a shriek, and I looked up to see Brook looking at us with wide eyes, Mikey right next to her.

"Uh...hey guys...glad to see there's no more conflict..." Brook said, then narrowed her eyes. "Or is this one of those weird things where guys get turned on when they find out a girl is supposed to be an enemy...?"

Kyle gently scooted away, so that we weren't squished side by side. Even though I loved having him close, I appreciated him giving me space when there were other people in the room.

"No, Brook, Cass isn't part of The Shadow Legion." Though Brook's question was joking, Kyle's reply was completely serious.

He turned to me, smiling gently.

Yassss they finally kissed! I was super excited and I'm the author! I have been waiting for these stubborn kids to kiss for a loooong time tbh. Anyway, thank you for reading, let me know what you think about this thing with Cass's family's connection to the shadow legion! Thank you for reading, ily all xxx