Blessing

THIS IS SWEET OKAY

UNFINISHED, I LOST MOTIVATION TO FINISH IT DUE TO DIFFERENCES IN THIS FIC AND SEASON 15

~~~

"Jay, it's gonna be fine." Nya muttered, attempting to keep her voice low due to the other people that were in the room beside theirs. The walls were thin — much to the couple's frustration — so you could pretty much eavesdrop on someone in another room if you really wanted to. Not that you would, there all Ninja and you'd most likely die if you were to attempt it.

Too add some context, Jay and Nya were engaged.

The day was what Nya seemed as normal, and pretty boring as for some strange reason, she couldn't find her boyfriend anywhere. And it kinda worried her, even if she was aware that Jay could take care of himself.

The halls eventually faded into silence as one by one, watching as each of her friends left to go somewhere, leaving her alone in a strangely silent Monerstary. And Jay was still here! (Well, at least that's what she thought. And hoped.)

Well, her concerns about Jay weren't wrong persay, they weren't exactly right.

The man had secretly been in and out of the Monerstary all day, unbeknownst to Nya surprisingly. If you couldn't tell, Jay was quite loud, and sometimes very clumsy, so most of the time if he was trying to hide something, it didn't last very long until the secret was out. But whatever he was doing, it had to be kept silent and quiet, so that she wouldn't suspect a thing.

Anyway, Jay had been taking boxes in and out of his room to decorate something special, something that he knows for sure his beautiful Nya will adore and cherish. (And depending on how good his design skills are; she could cry!)

After a few hours, it slowly faded into pink clouds and yellow skies, signalling that it was evening, and that soon, the loud chatter of the place would slowly rise up again and make it easier for Jay to touch up the final steps of his mini (well, massive in the long run) project he had spent almost all day on.

And it wasn't only the lightning master that was in on this too, many more were. Including Kai and Nya's mother.

They told him what she enjoyed, and when he would get nervous they- well, Kai, would shake his shoulders and tell him to get himself together and propose. He may or may not have gotten a smack on the head by his mother for that. Jay will never say.

And it wasn't just them who helped massively either. Cole was the one to gather all of the couples photos together and take them out of their frames, then place them on a string beside some wonderful fairy lights that Lloyd and Misako had picked out.

Speaking of whom, the two plus Wu has also been the ones to buy more subtle things for Jay such as the table cloth, the blankets and the lights.

Pixal was in charge of picking out some flowers to scare around the cobblestone path to make it more lively, and was also given the job to pick the flowers Jay would actually give to Nya as a present before actually proposing.

Kai was also one to help with picking out an outfit for Jay, and making sure he keeps himself together. Something that even he can't do sometimes!

Oh, and Zane cooked the cupcakes he had been requested from Jay. Chocolate chip fairy cakes with beautiful baby blue icing delicately swirled on top, and even a few cherries dotted on some of them. It gave the food an aesthetically pleasing look to it, and Jay loved them.

And of course, Jay was the one to plan it all.

Of course, Nya loved it.

(Soon, it will be a full one shot! Now back to terrified Jay!)

Jay squeezed the ring in his palm tighter and let his heart rate rise a little, becoming more nervous by the minute. "But he's- he's terrifying! You're terrifying-" He cut himself off once he saw the unamused look on his now fiancé's face, and feeling himself begin to shake with fear too.

"Your whole family is terrifying! T-They throw shoes at you!" He quickly fixed his sentence up with a uneasy tone and only relaxed slightly when Nya's face softened and she smiled. He loved her smile, he always has. It always made him feel..safe. Like a warm embrace that never went away, even if Nya wasn't physically holding him.

"Easy, Sapphire. It's all-right." She soothed him. "Plus, my father isn't that scary once you get to know him. I guess." Her last words lowered in volume, trying to make sure Jay doesn't lose his head again. (He already has a bunch of times, making him panic for an umpteenth time would have no purpose to it.)

"He's not gonna hurt you. At least, I won't let him, okay?" Her voice held reassurances and a strong will in it, causing Jay to smile softly and find peace in her once again, finally calming down.

He opened the palm of his hand, where the ring lay. It reflected against the sun and shined into everyone's eyes, catching the attention of pretty much the whole world, (Which surprisingly they still down know yet. Which is great for a group of famous ninja where news gets around fast, even if you didn't wait it to be, or it was the tiniest bit of info. At least one person would somehow know.) so he knew he had to take proper care of it in front of the others.

They weren't necessarily clumsy..Jay was just worried one of them would bump into him and he would drop the only proof he had that the couple were actually engaged. Which..wouldn't look good at all. Especially when they actually get married.

"Go on Jay, go do it." Nya guided him to the door, (well- pushed him,) and ran her hand through his back just one more time, trying to slow his shaking. "It'll be okay." She muttered.

"Promise?"

"Promise."