Chapter 20

"So what have you been doing lately, Madeleine?" Henry asked me as we were eating dinner.

"Nothing much. School is school." I replied slowly.

"I remember Hogwarts very clearly. Too bad the last teacher I had was that crazy Lupin. One of the Order too, I reckon." Henry Mucliber explained to the rest of our company as they sniggered and cackled along with him.

Draco Malfoy sat next to me, clearly getting angrier by the second as he had to watch Henry talk about himself. Usually that was up to Draco, but as soon as Henry Mucliber got in the picture, there was no room for Malfoy.

"Do you remember the days when the only thing that got in our way of fighting was Henry Mucliber?" I whispered to Draco under my breath.

"And how he would try to hex you?" He whispered back.

"Only to make Victoria angry. 'Kota didn't give a shit for either one of us." I said.

My mother spoke up. "Madeleine, do you have something that you wish to share?" She asked. Henry stopped mid-bite while he was chewing on his steak. Bleh.

"Um...Yeah. Draco and I were just talking about...joining the Dark Lord next year, weren't we?" I nudged him.

"Y-Yeah..." He stammered. Then Bellatrix stood up.

"Draco, my nephew. You haven't announced the great news?"

"Oh...yes, Aunt Bellatrix...I have gotten my Dark Mark." He said.

Henry's steak fell out of his mouth and onto the floor. I wasn't shocked. I had already heard it from my parents.

"And dear, Dakota has gotten the Mark too, haven't you?" Bellatrix grinned.

"Yes, I have. And I plan to help him overthrow the Ministry as soon as possible." He smirked. Oh gawd...my horrible influence of a brother.

The Death Eaters all clapped in agreement.

"What is Madeleine's decision?" Yaxley asked. Everyone was silent, waiting for my response. My mother spoke after a minute (which seemed like an hour) or silence.

"Madeleine, dear, it is not polite to keep our guests waiting..." She said.

"Uh...Well...for those of you who don't know...I am Voldemort's spy for Harry Potter." The guests gasped. "I'm in Gryffindor, but in my First year, I vowed to help the Dark Lord with...with Potter. I'll get my Dark Mark in February, when I'll turn of age. Until then, I think that the Dark Lord has no use of me, and I will continue to collect knowledge for him as I wish." I replied. I would think that the Death Eaters would start to hex me left and right, but instead they smiled. Some even clapped. My father smiled proudly. I didn't know if this was a good thing, but I was certainly astounded by Draco Malfoy's reaction.

"I-...I thought you were always with...with them..."

"Well, you were wrong. If you remember clearly, the Sorting Hat told me that I could choose between the two, and I chose Gryffindor." I whispered back.

"I should've told you about my Mark..."

"I've wanted one for a long time...But my mother wouldn't let me until I was of age..."

"W-...Why weren't you surprised when I announced that I was...a-"

"Death Eater? I knew three days ago. My parents had told me. I understood."

"You weren't mad?"

"Of course I was. It all made sense..."

Henry interrupted us once again. "Stop whispering, you love birds!" He glowered.