I got inside her car and drove home.

I knew I would be home alone like always since my parents were working again.

I pulled inside my driveway and got out of the car. I noticed that someone was sitting on my front porch step, and I almost jumped. But took a look closer to find Cassian sitting there.

I was confused as to why he was here, especially at this time.

"Cas?"

He got up from the steps and walked to stand in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

He hesitated before opening his mouth. "I wanted to talk to you,"

"About what?" I asked him.

"About last night,"

I had remembered that he had left without saying anything. "Ya, why did you leave without saying anything?" I questioned him.

"That's what I want to talk about," he said. And I stood quietly, waiting for him to continue.

"Maybe it will be better if I showed you," he finally said and placed his lips on to mine.

My eyes widened, and I stumbled back a bit.

He cupped my cheeks, and I was too shocked to do anything.

Cassian was kissing me.

I felt like I was waiting for the butterflies to erupt inside me and my toes to curl underneath me.

But I felt nothing. I expected to feel something. Yet it was blank.

I placed a hand on Cassian's chest and pushed him away, and took a step back.

"You can't do this, Cas," I told him.

He looked surprised. "Why?" He asked.

I looked down at the ground.

I didn't know what to say. I really didn't.

I didn't want to hurt him because that's the last thing I want to do to him.

"I felt it, " he paused. I lifted my eyes to meet his. "You touched me, and it took everything in me not to pull you down on that couch and kiss you," he said.

I hadn't even thought about that. Had he been awake?

"So why? Why can't I do this?"

I opened my mouth to tell him that I hadn't meant anything by that touch. That he was a good friend, but I never had the chance to say anything.

"Because she likes me," I turned my head to see Liam walking towards us.

His hair was messy, and he had a few bruises on his knuckles.

He came to stand next to me, facing Cassian.

Cassian and Liam were always civil. From what I have seen, they have always been good to each other. They even had each other backs at times. But right now, both their icy stares towards each other made my own chills go up.

"I think you knew that too," he said with a cocky smirk.

"I don't think that's the truth," Cas said, crossing his arm. "Is it Storm?" He directed his attention towards me.

I shuddered, not knowing what to say.

"Shouldn't it be obvious? She has always liked me," he looked at me. His eyes darkened.

I could feel myself tense.

"No... that's not true," I said, finding my voice. I knew I was lying. I was lying through my teeth.