Chapter 12 - Kamino

Start from the beginning

"I'd hoped you would be pleased,"

"Clones can think creatively. You will find that they are immensely superior to droids. We take great pride in our combat education and training programs. This group was created about five years ago," he spoke indicating to the young boys who looked to be about 9 or 10, all looking at computer screens.

"You mentioned growth acceleration," Obi Wan inquired as he looked at the clones below.

"Oh, yes, it's essential. Otherwise a mature clone would take a lifetime to grow," Lama Su answered.

"I see,"

"They are totally obedient, taking any order without question. We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host,"

"Who was the original host?" Freya asked, speaking up for the first time. The prime minister turned his head to her.

"A bounty hunter called Jango Fett," he replied, Obi Wan stopped walking and looked up at the tall prime minister.

"And where is this bounty hunter now?" he questioned, 'Is he the one who tried to assassinate Padme?' Freya thought as the others continued to talk. 'But if he's here, then he can't be anywhere else, meaning Padme and Anakin are safe,' She continued to think until heard the female speak.

"I'd be very happy to arrange it for you," she said as the four came to a balcony that overlooked thousands of clones in their white armor, weapons in hand. It was like a parade, thousands of clones marched in sync.

"Magnificent, aren't they?"

***

Freya and Obi Wan were taken down another corridor. One that was whit and black. The Kaminoan stopped at a door and pressed the keypad on the left side of it. The door opened to reveal a young boy. One Freya recognised as one of those young clones. She had missed the part where the prime minister had told them that Jango wanted an unaltered clone for himself.

"Boba, is your father here?" she asked him. Boba stood looking at the two human visitors.

"Yep." he replied, his eyes never leaving the two strangers.

"May we see him?"

"Sure," Boba replied, stepping out of the way to let them in. He walked in calling for Jango, "Dad! Taun We's here!" Obi Wan and Freya stepped into the room and waited. Soon, Jango walked in, dressed in a loose, blue shirt and black trousers.

"Jango, welcome back," Taun We greeted. "Was your trip productive?"

"Fairly," the man responded with a smile as he rolled up his sleeve. 

"This is Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padawan Skywalker," Taun We introduced, "They've come to check on our progress."

"Your clones are very impressive," Obi-Wan said. "You must be very proud."

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe, Master Jedi."

"Ever make your way as far into the interior as Coruscant?" Obi-Wan questioned bluntly. Freya looked to see Boba watching the interaction as though he was worried something was going to happen, much like how Freya felt. Did she trust this guy?

"Once or twice." Jango replied, briefly.

"Recently?" Obi Wan pressed.

"Possibly..."

"Then you must know Master Sifo-Dyas," Obi-Wan commented. The man turned to his son and spoke to him in a different language. The boy walked towards the door they had came through, closing the one beside it. Jango circled around Obi Wan, keeping his attention on him.