C H A P T E R T H I R T Y

Start from the beginning

Xante had always had nightmares. But this one, this one was the most terrifying of them all.

Because, for the first time in his existence, the worst of his nightmares, the one where the love of his life dies, had become reality.

"But, I can stop that," Xante looked up at a stoic Alessandro as he walked towards the bed he was lying on, "I can stop all of that. All you have to do is choose. She can lose her life, or lose something else of value,"

Xante sniffed, confused, What does that even mean?

"Think, Xante," Alessandro urged, his voice rising with his demand. Xante knew that nothing good came out of listening to Alessandro, but was Chidinma really going to die? And the baby too? Chidinma would never forgive him if he had a chance to keep her alive and he did not take it.

Chidinma and the baby live, Xante answered softly and Alessandro released a dark chuckle as he announced.

"Interesting choice,"

Once Xante lifted his gaze, Alessandro disappeared, leaving Xante staring absently at the moonlight. Xante wished that he felt relief, but at that moment all he felt was a deep, looming fear within him like nothing would ever be the same again.

Xante always hated nightmares.

"Sir, I have a location,"

Later that day, Rafael Deliano exclaimed excitedly as he burst into Xante's office, interrupting Xante's meeting with the leaders of the different regions of Italy. Xante lifted his grey eyes slowly, boring into those of his analyst for confirmation.

Once he found what he needed within them, Xante muttered a brief goodbye to the leaders surrounding him and hurriedly followed the technology specialist and his cousin Rafael.

"Well, I ran the information you gave me about Chidinma's location in a detailed, deep 34-bit encrypted search with Soliso's purchased properties and-" Rafael excitedly rambled, pushing up his square-framed glasses. Xante turned to him with a sharp look, grey orbs cold and Rafael returned to his tablet with a quick nod as he stammered.

"S-sorry. The Solisos only have one property in Italy with marble floors, a huge framed painting of a dog and near a body of water. That is their summer house on Lake Lugano, sir,"

Xante looked at the tablet, observing the location and the details arranged on the screen. Then, he nodded.

"Get the strongest 15 ready," Xante announced in a low voice, "We leave at once,"

At the sound of those words, the mansion rose to the occasion. Both men and women gathered weapons and supplies and Rafael slowly approached Xante, who was trying to break into the firewall system at the Soliso mansion to infiltrate their security system.

"Sir, shall we get you a gun?"

Xante's gaze did not leave the computer, fingers flying across the keyboard furiously, as he cryptically answered, "No."