"When I graduated I got was told to be part of the Sorcerers that looked for your Clan's executor" Golden eyes watching her gently, looking for the right words to didn't wreck her heart, more than it already might be "We were prepared to encounter a Special grade Curse, because those were the assumptions we had".

"But" she whispered, holding on by a thread.

"We spent two years with that case, but we got nothing. The cursed spirits we encountered didn't share the same characteristics that could connect them to your Clan's case" he dragged those last words before rubbing his temples.

"I was already with my adopted family at that moment" she tugged the sleeves of that black hoodie, like a kid looking for a place to find comfort "I didn't know about that. My mom was no longer with me".

The day M/N left was a sour moment, the poor girl waiting for her; watching patiently through the window for the reunion that never happened.

She was a strong woman with a kind heart, a woman that left her daughter in a place she knew she would find love and support despite her new family being non-sorcerers. She left her with clues, with notes about how her technique worked but the information was somewhat poor.

She was a kid after all.

How can a kid process all this?

"I'm sorry, Y/N" Nanami's shoulders relaxed but he wasn't calmed at all, he was just tired, hurt, remembering why he had left this job once after seeing so many shattered families, so many homeless kids.

Y/N became one the day he and the rest of the sorcerers stopped looking for the executor.

Nanami doesn't respect this job because at some point, they all give up.

Just like he did a couple of years ago.

"There's nothing to apologise for" she said softly, holding back her tears, holding her family motto strongly "You have a life too".

That line broke him, she was giving up her Clan's justice for him, caring more about his life than her pain.

"Y/N, your family-"

"My family never left, Nanami-san" a single tear on her left eye "They never left me at all" she was now looking down, smiling at something so insignificant.

Smiling at her gloves.

Her father's gloves.

A small piece that covered part of her skin, something that could mean she didn't want people to notice the L/N seal, but for her it was a childish attempt to hold his hands one more time.

The hands that used to lift her to reach the apple trees, when she wanted to touch a cloud, the hands that would take her to bed when she was so tired of playing. Hands from the man that asked his wife to teach him how to do braids for her daughter.

He was kind and generous, but he left earlier.

No, he never left at all.

Because Y/N knows how to do those braids perfectly.

"As long as I remember them, they would never die completely. They cannot die because I am alive".

Her voice was already breaking, but she refused to stop; she couldn't stop. She became a sorcerer to help people, the ones that asked for it and the ones that begged for it in silence.

The help she wanted a long time ago.

"Thank you, for looking for the murderer" rising her head and smiling, she then bowed in gratefulness.