23- In One Ear And Out The Other

DRACO'S POV:

The letter that I had been sent was a dark green with black trim and the malfoy snap on the back, sealing the letter closed.

Dear son,

Their is an urgent matter at home, please come right away. Delilah will be getting a letter too so make sure your girlfriend gets it ;)
Father has been under a lot of stress so be prepared for him.

Kind regards,
                         Mumsy.

My heart dropped when delilah's name was mentioned. And as my girlfriend. I had completely forgotten to tell Mumsy that we were no longer in that relationship.

DELILAH'S POV:

Draco was acting fairly suspicious over the last day.

"I have to go to the Manor today" Draco announced to us.

"And why do you have to do that?" I asked, trying to get to the bottom of his suspicious behaviour.

"Um" he scratched the back of his neck and paused for a second "My uncles funeral" he blurted out.

"Didn't know you had an uncle?" I mentioned, cocking my eyebrow up at him.

"There's alot you don't know about me"

"Aw, well sorry mate, don't cry too much" Blaise said, trying but failing to be comforting.

"That remind me, I need to go home to start organising mothers and my brothers funeral" I said, becomeing sad at the mention of my mum and brother. "Father insisted that he isn't doing it, so I am instead"

"Del, it's fine don't worry" Cora said sympathetically and holding my hands in hers. I offered her a small smile which she reluctantly returned.

The house was cold and deserted. The wallpaper had been torn from the walls and the furtuniture was in pieces.

"Delilah, dear, right this way honey"
Was that father sounding kind? His heartless soul wasn't as heartless as she thought, for now.

There was a small room to the side of the house, one I didn't recognize. It's walls were black and it seemed like the designer of the room hadn't discovered windows yet.

"Where are we going father?" I asked, looked up at him as he led me to the room by my shoulders.

"Im going to leave you in here for a bit" He dramatically lowered his voice. "Do everything they tell you to"

"I thought we were going to sort out the funeral?"

As I entered, father glanced at me before sealing the doorway.
"YOU BASTARD!" I screamed, banging on the door. Hesitantly, I turned around.

In one of the corners stood a large, male figure with a smaller one standing next to it. In the centre stood a bald-headed man with a snake coiled around his feet.

"Hello Madam. You must be Delilah, yes?"
I refused to answer, his state sent shivers down my spine and made me turn cold.
"Answer my child!"
"Y-yes, I am Delilah sir"
"Come here darling, your joining my-" He paused and looked for the right word.
"group? Cult?"

I stepped closer and did as instructed. His bony fingers picked up my arm and rested his wand on my forearm.

He slowly started sketching sonething into it.

"Now darling, as you might know, my name is Voldemort. After I am done, you will do everything I say. I'm sure you've met Draco Malfoy before, he will be your partner in your first task. Do you hear me?"
Fuck.

I was only being held up by the grip he had on my forearm. The agonising pain didn't stop, even after he dropped me to the ground and left me alone with Draco.

I was numb. Couldn't feel when Draco held me in his arms as I cried unknowingly. I couldn't feel when he held my head in his hands and looked me into the eyes, giving some speech about how sorry he was. Everything was going in one ear and out the other.

"Delilah! DELILAH! please listen to me, you'll be OK" he said as he pulled me towards his chest.