2.6

We spent some time there before heading home again. I was feeling a lot better with myself, and now I understand what Luke said to me before - thinking about David didn't seem so painful now. 
Luke still wanted to take me on a beach date, like we did so many times back in Sydney. Hence, we grabbed some blankets in my room, some candles to light up the sand, my computer to watch a movie while we were there, and some food - like we were going for a picnic.

We watched the sunset while drinking a lot of red wine and eating a little too much bacon-flavored fries. After the sun set behind the waves, Luke had made Cameron download a princess movie on my computer this afternoon, just so we could watch it now. I just don't understand how he picked my favorite princess (and also Barbie) movie ever, without even knowing it: Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper.

We watched it all, and I was surprised to find out that it was also Luke's favorite princess movie. Half of the movie in, he started crying while I just laughed in his face. He didn't find it very funny, but it was kinda adorable to see him cry while watching a kids' movie.

-I love you. You know that, don't you? I'm sorry for not saying it back when we were at the cemetery, but I just couldn't talk. Thank you for being there for me. -I said, and Luke smiled.

-I know. I completely understand the feeling of not being able to say a word in that state. I was there for you like you were and would be for me. I'm here to see you happy, and I know that made things a lot easier.

-It did. It helped me kind of move on from what happened. I'm never fully moving on from it, but it helped. It made me learn how to think about David in a beautiful way and not just because I condemn myself. 

-Just like I told you it would. -He smiles. 

I lay my head on his lap, contemplating his face and every little detail of him. His eyes, focusing on the dark horizon, still brightened his whole face and the reflection of the water in his eyes made them look even prettier. He rolled his lip piercing with his tongue like he always does when he's anxious about something. 
The reflection of the moon and some candles were my only font of light to see him, but it was perfect enough. I have just enough light to see his golden hair fall down on his face when he looked down at me. He runs his hand through his short beard and gives me a smile before his other hand goes to my face, rubbing his thumb against my skin.

I hear him clarify his voice before I started hearing his hoarse voice from the cold, but still soft at the same time singing:

" With your love, your love

I'm a better, better manWith your love, your loveI'm a better, better manDarling, all of my wrongs, they led me right to youWrapped in your arms, I swearI'd die for your love, your loveI'm a better, better man

Thought I'd found the highest of highsYou came and topped them allYou shine in the dead of the nightAnd I was the first to fall

Fading away, fading awayWake up to someone with nothing to sayI'd never change, though I'd never changeThen you come and change it all

With your love, your loveI'm a better, better manWith your love, your loveI'm a better, better manDarling, all of my wrongs, they led me right to youWrapped in your arms, I swearI'd die for your love, your loveI'm a better, better man

You're the only one, who could lock this wild heart up in chainsYou're the only love, that can make this bad man betterYou're the only one, who could lock this wild heart up in chainsYou're the only love, that can make this bad man better

With your love, your loveI'm a better, better manWith your love, your loveI'm a better, better manAll of my wrongs, they led me right to youWrapped in your arms, I swearI'd die for your love, your loveI'm a better, better man"

I look at him like I never looked at anyone. He seemed so peaceful while singing to me. The whole time he sang, we were locking eye contact, and I just couldn't help but smile. I have no doubts that this man right here loves me, and I know he also has no doubts that I love him.
This week apart just came to clarify some things and help us understand that we need each other after all we went through before we met. After all, we have so much in common. 

_________________

HIII! I'm officially back, and I'm back with one of the biggest and best - in my opinion - chapters that I have ever written.

I'm sorry it took me so long to update and that I was so uncertain if I was going to continue writing.

I'm back for good, and now I'm only stopping it when it's finally over.

I'm hoping that I get a lot of support, a lot of votes, and comments. It helps me a lot, and it motivates me to continue writing chapters like this for Storm.

Please, vote, comment, and share it everywhere you can - I don't have my Twitter account to share it there anymore, so I count on my readers to do it for me. We are almost at 10K, so please help me achieve this goal with this chapter.

I LOVE YOU ALL <3