14

Jacksons POV:

I studied myself in the mirror, mentally groaning when I realized my fashion style was garbage. I mean come on Jackson, a hoodie with a flannel on top? You're better than this. 

I let out a loud sigh as I walked to my desk and plopped on to my chair.

"God, what am I even doing," I groaned, rubbing my hands down my face feeling the stress rise within me. Liam is dating someone- fucking hell, I'm dating someone; yet, here I am trying to look good to impress this boy. 

God I want him.  

"You're driving me insane Liam." I grunted, putting a hand over my beating heart. Liam is absolutely perfect and nobody can change my mind about it. He's smart, funny, caring; and although he's a bit shy, it just makes him even more adorable.

Just imagine what it would be like to kiss him.

"Uh, kiss who?" My head immediately snapped to my door frame where the small boy stood in his oversized sweater. I cant fucking believe I just said that out loud. My heart dropped as I quickly felt my face fill with a blush. I tried to hide it with a laugh, but I knew he saw it which only caused my cheeks to flush more. 

"Uhhm no one I was just uh..." I racked my brain for any excuse I could find, but I couldn't think of a single one. I don't know if it was because of the stress I was under or maybe the fact that I wanted him to know I was talking about him, but I couldn't find a single excuse. So I stood there awkwardly, my face still red. 

Liam shot me a questioning glance before pulling on his sleeves and biting his lower lip, as if he was deep in thought. He actually looked kind of cute and innocent so lost in his own thoughts, but  it only last a second before he let out a nervous laugh.

"Do you still have the binder of schoolwork I gave you from our previous tutoring sessions?" His voice was quiet almost as if he was afraid to talk to me, and that's when I remembered that he probably was afraid to talk to me. Last time we spoke I kind of made him think that I hate him. Jesus I really suck as a person. 

"Yeah, I probably do around here somewhere," I mumbled, my eyes glancing around the room for the binder he gave me, which in all honesty I probably threw away at some point. My eyes wandered back to meet his as I furrowed my eyebrows, "Wait, how did you even get in here Winters?"

Immediately Lee's eyes went big and his face turned a cherry red. He glanced down, looking at his feet to hide his face, which in a way upset me because I like seeing him blush. 

"I uhm uh, I promise I'm not some creepy stalker who broke in I really really promise. Y-your sister let me in. She's really sweet...and she's really pretty like you.." He spoke fast, desperately trying to get all of his words out. Yet, the only thing I could focus on was his last sentence. He called me pretty...well my sister pretty-but also me. In attempts to get another reaction out of him, I raised my brow out his last words, which was a success because the boys face flushed and he was back to frantically freaking out. Cute. 

"N-not like that! I was just meaning that your sister is just a pretty girl but not in a weird way I-Im not hitting on her." I mentally groaned. Stupid, I wasn't worried about you liking my sister, I was raising my brow at you calling me pretty. Nonetheless, I let out a small, reassuring laugh before turning around to 'look for my binder'. 

After a few awkward moments of looking, I came to the final conclusion that I definitely threw it out. "Sorry Lee, looks like it's gone. Guess tutoring is cut short for today." I said as I zipped up my backpack (the last place I looked for the binder). As I turned around I was expecting to see a smiling Liam, one who was pleased that he got to leave and didn't have to spend another minute with me, but I was wrong. In fact, Liam looked the complete opposite. He looked sad and disappointed, as he lightly pulled on his sleeves, looking down at his feet.