Chapter 30

Hailey's POV

I could faintly hear some sound from the surrounding and I have no idea where I was. There was so many times when I tried to open my eyes but failed to do so. As I peeled open my eyes, all I could see was a white ceiling. Then, memories of the car accident came flooding back into my mind. Shit, where is Xavier? I need to find him. 

I tried to get off the bed but my limbs were protesting so much in pain that I almost cursed out loud.  The door opened, revealing Xavier standing at the door, looking so stunned at the sight of me. He quickly ran forward, and gave me a tight hug. Putting his head in the crook of my neck, he whispered, "Thank God you woke up, I missed you so much." I didn't reply, only to hug him back tighter. 

After a thorough full body check up as requested by Xavier, I was so tired due to all the moving and drawing of blood. He could finally relax after everything and I was happy to see that he had finally fallen asleep after all the chaos. Suddenly, mum and dad burst through the doors with mum wiping some tears on her face. I put one finger on my lips, pointing to them that Xavier was asleep. 

Mum came forward to give me a tight hug and said, "You got us all so worried, thank god you're fine. Don't scare us like this again, Hailey. You know we have weak hearts." I chuckled slightly at her words before wiping off another tear flowing down my cheeks. "I know, I'm sorry and I won't let y'all worry again." 

Despite all the commotions going on, Xavier didn't wake up. Just how many nights did he stay up late to stay beside me and not sleep? After mum and dad left, I tried to get down the bed slowly, partly because my right leg was still injured and my ribs still hurt like shit, also partly I didn't want to wake Xavier up. I slowly got to the small couch that he was laying on and squatted down beside him. 

Running my fingers through his soft hair made me relax a little. Seeing that he was left unscathed from the accident made me so happy because at least I was able to protect him too. I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the forehead, before whispering out a small 'I love you'. 

Just as I was about to stand up, I felt a tug on my wrist. I turned back and realised that he was up, smiling at me. "Aren't you going to hear a reply from me? I love you too. A lot. More than you can imagine." He got up from the couch and pulled me into his lap, but he was really careful so that he wouldn't touch my injuries. 

I smiled at him before narrowing my eyes, "When did you wake up? I thought you were sleeping like a dead log just a moment ago." He shot me a playful smirk, "Well, if I don't pretend to be asleep, how would I be able to get a little reward and also a sweet little confession from my wife?" I blushed slightly at his words even though he said it so easily. Just by hearing that I was his wife made me so happy that my feelings were pretty much indescribable. 

He snuggled his head into the crook of my neck and muttered, "Gosh, I miss you so much. All those nights I could only hold onto your hand and asked you to wake up sooner, I guess it was all worth it." My eyes were filled with tears and I hugged him. In this moment, no words were needed to describe our love for each other because we could feel it with our hearts. The heart which was only beating because of each other. 

2 weeks later...

I was finally discharged from the hospital today when I thought I was about to rot on the bed because Xavier refused to let me get discharged a week ago, claiming that I have to fully recover before I could step out of the hospital. Sigh, that man and his stubbornness. 

I was just about to step out of the ward when Xavier suddenly came into the room with a wheelchair. "Sit on it or if not I will carry you out of the hospital, choose one." He tried to sound serious but he just couldn't hide that dumb smirk on his face. I just stared at him in disbelief and exclaimed, "What's the fuss about it? My leg has healed perfectly! Gosh Xavier." He simply tilted his head to look at me, as if he didn't understand what I was talking about. Muttering out some curse words under my breath, I went toward the wheelchair because I didn't want to be famous in the hospital even though I was already thanks to Xavier. 

He wheeled me out of the hospital and we drove home. Upon reaching home, I stopped him before he could take out the wheelchair. "Wait Xavier, not the wheelchair please. Just carry me back to the house, I can't stand sitting on that wheelchair. My butt is rotting." He grinned at me before he replied, "Glad to carry you back." 

I was finally back home after one whole month and no where feels better than home. And of course, with the one I love. I guess it's true that home is where it is when your loved ones are with you. I couldn't feel any happier than this moment right now. 

End of chapter 30!! sorry I haven't update in such a long time again 

school is starting soon and I've been busy submitting some paperwork to the school so I couldn't find the time to write :(( 

I will try to complete this book before school starts because I don't think I would be able to find time :(( 

Thank you for reading!