Chapter 10

Hailey's POV

Honestly, when Mr Gru- wait I meant Xavier. When he offered me the idea of cooking dinner for him every night in return for repaying the 3 million to him, I was pretty flabbergasted. I mean he's a billionaire who can afford to eat at all those high class restaurant with chefs who could cook like a billion times better than me but yet he still asked me to cook dinner for him. Well, I guess I cook pretty well too teehee I should really thank my mother for teaching my all those basic cooking skills since I was young. 

Anyways, today was my off day so I have decided to stay at home to do some spring cleaning in my room because I had only roughly place my stuff all over the room without organising them properly. After spending about 2 hours on arranging my things neatly, my stomach grumbled and I glanced at the clock. It was 2.30pm in the afternoon and I didn't even had breakfast, no wonder I felt so hungry. I washed my hands in the bathroom before heading down to the kitchen. 

Upon heading down to the living room, I saw a brown envelope on the coffee table and picked it up. It must be that Xavier had forgotten to take it with him. I was just about to put it back when I suddenly thought of something, what if he needs this now? I fished out my phone from my pocket and dialled for him. The line went to his voicemail after calling for 2 times straight. Urgh, why can't he just pick up his phone? 

I wanted to just leave it alone but my mind couldn't leave it alone. I groaned out in frustration before I went back to my room to grab a jacket to cover up the hideous t-shirt that I was wearing, which was a cartoon picture of crayon shin chan (if y'all know this but I bet most of y'all know it and yes, I am a huge fan of him). I grabbed my phone and wallet before leaving the house. 

It took me about 40 minutes to get to his office by public transport and I almost died halfway because I stood on my legs throughout the whole journey and now I had to walk for at least about another 10 minutes before reaching his office. Sucks to be me I guess. 

Upon reaching, I headed to the reception counter by which a receptionist who looked like a bar girl instead of a receptionist herself. She was busy looking at her phone and chewing a gum in her mouth before I had to cough out loud to get her attention after I said "Excuse me." for like about 4 times, I swear I almost bit my tongue on the last time. She finally looked up at me but she wasn't responding, instead she was judging my outfit, which I was wearing an oversized jacket and blue ripped jeans and a pair of converse that was turning yellow soon. 

"What do you want?" her voice came out so high pitched that I thought my eardrums had burst for a moment. 

"I'm looking for Xavier Anderson. I have something to pass to him." I wanted to roll my eyes so badly but I chose to go with blank look on my face. 

"Tsk, Mr Anderson? Did you book an appointment beforehand? Judging by your outfit, I don't think you look like someone important enough to have something 'important' to pass to him." she quoted the word important with her chicken feet-like fingers. I didn't bother to answer her because I've seen bitches like her before, who judged people based on their outfit. Instead, I took out my phone and dialled for Xavier again. Finally, he picked up his phone and answer, "Hello, this is Xavier Anderson." 

"Thank god you answered your phone. I'm at your company right now, but your receptionist here is a bit reluctant to allow me to find you because of the outfit I'm wearing right now. So I was wondering if you could tell her to let me up or something?" I was rolling my eyes at the receptionist who was still busy filing her claws while chewing on her gum. 

"Why are you- never mind, I'm coming down now. Wait for me there." with that, he hang up the call once again without letting me to talk. I clenched my fist while taking a deep breath in order to calm myself down so that I wouldn't cause any trouble for now. For now. 

After a while, I saw Xavier coming out from an elevator while straightening his suit. He could have become a model if he was not a billionaire, I'm sure he would have become rich too. Sigh. No wonder all the women out there are eyeing him like a piece of meat, but too bad, he's taken by me on a piece of marriage certificate. 

He headed towards the receptionist without her realising and talked in a really strict and harsh tone, "Did I hire you just so that you could file your nails and blow bubbles here?" She immediately looked up and saw him glaring at her. I somehow wondered if she had peed her skirt on the spot because his glares can be pretty terrifying at times. 

"I- I- s...sorry Mr Anderson. I would not do it again." she immediately bowed her head down. I chuckled silently at that. She was still so confident and was being a bitch just a second ago and now she looked as if she saw a ghost. 

"I had better not see you doing this again, if not you can get ready to pack your bag and head home right away. Also, I do not allow you to look down on any guests just because of their dressing because all guests are important regardless of what. Get it? Right, and apologise to my wife who you had just looked down on." her face paled instantly, before muttering a few sorry and "I understand." 

My stomach felt a little weird upon hearing him calling me his wife but I wondered if it was because I was starved for too long. Hmm, must be that case. I brushed off that weird feeling I had. 

Xavier turned to me and told me to get onto the elevator with him which I did without saying a word. We soon arrived at his office, which was located on level 75 and it was just 5 levels away from the rooftop. His office was about as big as my original apartment and my jaw dropped after seeing the interior of the office. It had a magnificent view of almost the whole New York. Perks of being a billionaire and owning a company in the centre of the business district. Wow.

I heard his slight coughing and turned to face him, who was already seated on the chair. I immediately remembered the reason of why I was doing in his company and took out the brown envelope from my bag. 

"Right, I came here because I saw this on the coffee table this morning. I thought you might need it since it looks pretty important with the 'confidential' stamp on it." he looked rather surprised and he seemed to look like he's embarrassed? I swear I thought I saw his face getting reddish pink for a second unless my eyes were playing a trick on me. 

"Oh, uh thank you for sending this here personally. I forgot about it when I left home this morning." he scratched the back of his neck while saying it and I though that he looked rather cute when he's embarrassed. Wait what, did I just say he's cute? Oh my gosh, I'm bipolar now.

"Um, I shall take my leave now that you've gotten back your file." as if on cue, my stomach started grumbling so loud that his whole office actually echoed back. Oh my fucking hell, this is pure embarrassment.

I wanted to just dash out of his office at that moment but his voice stopped me from doing so. "Let's go for lunch, I'm hungry too." I swear I heard a chuckle coming from him and I just want to turn back and glare at him but I'm too embarrassed to do it. I just followed behind him like a lost puppy. 

End of chapter 10!!! another long chapter down!! the last part actually happened to me before and I was just so embarrassed that I wanted the ground to swallow me up whole oh gosh but anyways, I want to write more of their cute moment together if you consider this as one hehhe 

what was your most embarrassing moment?

for me it was probably when I farted during class but thankfully it didn't smell or something if not I probably would have banged my head on the table :))) but it was pretty loud yeah that I wanted to cry lmao