"Yes, I know your family, that's why I invited you, didn't think you'd bring my daughter, along with Jess, but here you are". My father says with a straight face.

I gasp causing everyone to turn to my direction. "Mom, I need to tell her that you're alive!" I say while trying to get my phone.

My father stops me from searching hysterically for my phone and I look to him confusedly. He scratches the back of his head, implying there's something he wants to tell me. "Sweetheart, your mother knows I'm alive, I think it's best to drop you and Jess home, then you can call your mother to come down so that we can all have a much needed chat, how about that?"

Wait? So my mom knew that my father was alive but didn't tell me? I try to hide my anger as this is a very extraordinary moment, but I can't help but feel betrayed that they have kept this secret from me for so long.

Xavior steps in and says." I'll take them, I'll send you my address so that we can have the chat in my home." My father nods then turns to me. He steps closer and kisses me on the forehead before making his way into the hall.

My eyes don't leave the spot where he has disappeared, only when Xavior wraps his arm around my waist, I snap out of my trance. I let Xavior lead the three of us to the car where we head home. Xavior and I are the first to be dropped of as Xavior's house is closer. I hug Jess goodbye and she tells me that she'll send my stuff over tomorrow.

I nod and close the door shut. We watch her leave with the driver into the silent night. I look up to Xavior to see his eyes laced with concern. I try to give him a smile, but it comes out poorly as I am too tired to pretend that I'm okay.

Xavior doesn't try to create conversation, which I am grateful for. We walk hand in hand into his house and head straight for his bedroom.

Xavior closes the door and heads into the bathroom and turns the faucet on to what I assume is the bath tub.

I strip out of my evening gown, standing in the middle of the bedroom with just my underwear on. I try to hang my dress up in Xavior's closet so that it does not damage. I walk out of his walk-in closet and turn around to see Xavior eyeing me.

The desire in his eyes does not go unnoticed, but he contains himself which again I am grateful for. I make my way to him until I am standing directly in front of him. He gulps resulting in his Adam apple bopping up and down. I look up at him and then move around him to get into the water.

I remove my strapless bra, letting it fall onto the floor. I feel Xavior's heated gaze on my back, but I try to dismiss it. As I sink into the relaxing hot water, I groan in pleasure to make it known that this is exactly what I need.

I hear Xavior shut the door and softly asks "May I join you?" the gentleness in his voice brings a euphoric atmosphere that I almost forget about all of my troubles. I nod, not being able to form any words.

I hear him move around the bathroom which causes me to face Xavior and watch him undress. I can't help but stare at his sculpted body. As he stands there, completely naked, I think to myself at how a man, made from the Greek God's, could ever be so interested in such a plain Jane like me.

He does not break eye contact with me as he makes his way into the tub. He climbs in next to me, causing the water to rise. I hug my knees closer to my chest since Xavior is quite a large man and he is taking up most of the space. But nevertheless, I appreciate him being here.

He pulls me towards him and I turn around so that I end up having my back lay against his rock hard chest. He gently runs he's hands up and down my shoulder, repeatingly kissing the top of my head. The gesture eases the anxiety and all of today's events away.

I turn to look up at him. He looks down at me and gives me one of his award winning smiles. I ask him "What do you think of all this? Don't tell me you also knew my father was alive." I say half jokingly, half serious.

"Don't worry, I never knew. When we received the invitation, it was completely anonymous." Xavior says while gently massaging my shoulders.

His magic touch takes away the tension in my muscles. I relax into his warm embrace and try to relax. I can't stop thinking about the fact that my own mother knew all this time and chose to keep it away from me, I mean she has witnessed, first hand, how the news of my father missing, has caused me a great deal of suffering.

"Victoria, talk to me, I can see there's something on your mind." I hear Xavior's deep voice cut the silence in the bathroom. I sit up to turn to him so that we are facing each other.

"I just cannot shake off the fact that my mom knew about my father being out there and not tell me anything. I have suffered so much because I thought he was lying somwhere dead in a ditch." I take a deep breath to help the anxious feeling die down.

I try my absolute best to contain myself from having another breakdown, but when all of those memories of me crying myself to sleep begins to flash before my eyes, I can't help but feel the pain I felt five years ago when I found out he was missing.

I look up to the ceiling to try and stop the tears from fallling. I should be happy my father is alive! But why do I feel so much betrayal? I think out loud.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and begin to clean myself, Xavior does the same. We step out of the tub and dry ourselves off. I turn to Xavior who offers me a reassuring smile that tells me everything will be okay.

I go over to him, butt naked, and pull him into a hug. I can feel that Xavior didn't see this coming, but nevertheless, he wraps his muscular arms around my tiny waist.

I look up to him and say, "I really appreciate you listening to me and being here for me." I end off by placing a gentle kiss on his luscious lips.

We head into the bedroom where Xavior connects his phone to the huge flat screen TV. A smooth jazz melodic song can be heard all around the room. I look to Xavior, somewhat amused that such a big, tough mafia man listens to jazz. I would've guessed rap songs about drugs and violence.

Xavior never fails to amaze me. I put on one of Xavior's shirts as all my belongs are at Jessica's place. Xavior just has his underwear on, but seems ready to climb into bed, which he does and I follow. Xavior turns the volume of the music a bit lower, he then begins running his fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry this happened to you Victoria. I know this whole situation must be unbelievably difficult, but let's get some rest, we will need it for tomorrow." Xavior says softly.

I have never seen him so gentle, it's almost as if the person, I am in bed with, isn't Xavior at all. I nod instead of speaking as I am too tired to formulate a sentence. I snuggle closer into Xavior's protective embrace and inhale his scent, to which I fall instantly into a state of relaxation.

Xavior brings me closer to him and cages me in his arms, causing his body heat to radiate onto me. He begins placing butterfly kisses on my forehead, causing my heart to swell in adoration which results in me falling deeper in love with him.

Soon, I find myself falling into a deep sleep in the arms of my knight and shining armor.

Hi there, I hope you all are safe and doing well. Sorry for the long updates, I'm in the middle of my exams. Thank you for your understanding ❤️❤️