Chapter Eighteen

(Y/n)'s POV

*Time Skip to the test of courage from the Training Camp*

"DEKU, TRADE WITH ME!"

"U-uh K-Kacchan, I'm not sure w-we're allowed!" Izuku stutters from behind you as you fold your arms and level a glare at Katsuki. He stares right back, rage and immense hatred glowing in the look.

"NO WAY AM I GOING WITH THAT ICYHOT BASTARD!"

"SUKI THAT'S RUDE."

"SHUT UP DUMBASS. YOU OWE ME ONE FOR THE STUPID MALL TRIP," he snaps while Izuku pales and looks nervously at Shoto. Well, you do owe him one. Smirking, Katsuki grabs your card from Izuku's trembling hands and stuffs Shoto's into its place. Fingers grab your waist as you turn to find Shoto had moved to be beside you.

"Don't you want to be on a team with me, darling?"

"Of course, but Suki needs a partner and he and Izuku don't get along very well." You press a kiss to his soft lips before leaving his scent of crackling embers and swirling winter. "Come on, Suki, let's go get this petty test of crap over with."

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

"Oh please tell me you aren't going to be screaming the entire time," you snap as he gets angrier.

"I DON'T GET SCARED." Rolling your eyes, you wait with the hothead until it's your turn to enter. The forest's shadows dance as the regular noises of the wild sing in the air. Hesitantly, you grab Katsuki's hand and clutch onto his arm. His caramel scent is reassuring as you continue to walk. Suddenly a hand comes from the floor and you immediately step on it as if it were a bug. It goes through your shoe and you stumble back as Katsuki stiffens and laughs at you.

"You're so dumb," he snickers before grabbing you and dragging you farther on the path. Now, you were thoroughly freaked out as you hold onto his arm for dear life. "Chill, it was just one of those Class B bastards."

"It came through the floor," you murmur, annoyed and yet impressed at the same time. The scariest person in this forest is probably Katsuki... so what are you worried about?

"I wasn't scared and if you bring this up ever then I'll deny it until my last breath," you snarl as he looks mildly amused and annoyed. Smoke lines the edge of your vision as you immediately stiffen and spin towards him. "Is that supposed to be there?" A huge rumble shakes the earth as you stumble before Katsuki steadies you with a scowl.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?" He growls as a roar echoes through the forest. Immediately you both start running, trying to find the group in front of you. A figure stood in front of you both, bending down over a bloody hand. Your blood ran cold as you gag. Who's hand was that? Looking around, you see purplish gas floating through the air. Half your energy goes into moving the poisonous cloud away while keeping up with the villain in front of you.

"EVERYONE IN CLASS A AND CLASS B, IN THE NAME OF THE PRO HERO ERASERHEAD, YOU ARE GRANTED PERMISSION TO ENGAGE IN COMBAT. I REPEAT, USE YOUR TRAINING. YOU MAY FIGHT THESE VILLAINS." Mandalay's voice yells into your head as you slowly look toward Katsuki with dread in your eyes. This idiot.

"Suki... don't rush into anything," you murmur softly as the creature-man slowly turns towards you. Sharp knives shoot out and immediately you use your forcefield to protect your partner. "Shit." Seething, you throw him into a tree. Explosions rock the air as Katsuki grins and engages in combat. All you can do is block the teeth knives from harming the hothead.

Your energy slowly goes down, but you think you can hold it long enough. It's risky to fire a flare since your enemies would know where you are. The villain's attacks speed up and you manage to push him back with Katsuki's help. "LISTEN, WE'VE DISCOVERED TWO OF THE VILLAIN'S TARGETS. THEY'RE STUDENTS NAMED (Y/N) AND KACCHAN. KIDS, YOU SHOULD TRY TO AVOID COMBAT AND STICK TO A GROUP. I HOPE YOU CAN HEAR ME!"