Four; Bungalow

Bungalow;

"You look amazing," Niall says as I step out of the bathroom trying to latch the pearls around my neck. He laughs at me and takes them looping them easily together.

I stand in front of the mirror and pull at the dark purple fabric that runs slickly over my hips to just above my knee. I've pulled on cute black heels that I can't walk in properly but I try for Niall. His dad was meeting us at a fancy restaurant downtown and I didn't want to look like a slob.

Niall had come out of the bedroom that morning showing off his dark dress shirt and brand new black skinnies. He had tried on four or five different shirts before finally setting with the dark grey one. I smile at him now as he wraps his arms down and around my waist tucking his chin into my shoulder.

"We are quite the stunning couple," he says pressing his lips to my neck, nibbling at the soft skin. I giggle under his hold and turn myself in his arms to face him carefully. "Clearly though I'm the ten here."

"Oh really," I narrow my eyes at him and dig my fingers into his side to make him cringe. "I personally like to think that I'm the stunning one between us and that I'm just doing you a favor."

"And how lucky I am," he says tucking his lips down to mine. He pushes against them gently and rests his forehead against mine as he pulls back from the sweet embrace.

I watch as he buttons his jeans around his shirt and pulls on a new watch before fixing the few strands of hair that have fallen loose around his face. He winks at me and hands me my leather jacket to slip over my dress.

He plays the perfect gentlemen and holds the car door open for me as I climb in. I can tell that he is nervous by the way he avoids the conversation of what his father may want. He keeps his hands wrapped tightly around the steering wheel and doesn't even look at me the whole drive there. He's in such a strange, tense mood but I play along with him and let him do want he wishes.

As we pull up to the restaurant I see his hands start to shake a bit more, I take one in my own and look at him sadly. "I'm sure whatever it is, can't be that bad."

"You don't know him like I do," Niall says before getting out of the car. I sigh, rolling my eyebrows before climbing out myself and standing next to him.

We are taken to our seats in a secluded, dimly lit part of the restaurant. His father sits with a glass full of whiskey and his hands rattling on the table beside him. Seemly just as nervous as Niall has been all day.

Kellen stands, wrapping his arms around me and kisses my cheek as we come up to him. We sit down, Niall pushing in my chair as I do and taking a spot beside me. "You look much better than the last time we saw each other darling."

He says and I smile, shaking my head and laughing under my breath. "I saw you on Saturday, that's only a week."

"And even then, much better." He says smiling at me. Ever since Niall's mother had taken up their time, he smiles and laughs more now. Spending time with her, even when she doesn't know it's him brings him happiness.

"How is your mother, I haven't had the chance to speak to her lately." He says Niall sighs and shrugs his shoulders.

"She's fine dad, the new medication has helped." He says bluntly "I know this isn't a friendly dinner, why the hell are you here?"

His words cut a silence into the conversation and I want to tell him to be more polite but it would be no use because he's clearly upset. Niall's father plays with the fork beside him as the waitress comes over, he orders a few drinks for us and looks back to his son.