11| Acai Bowl

A R A B E L L A

I woke up early today—like super early. 5 AM early. And since I am up and I suppose no one is awake yet, I decided to go on a morning run. Maybe it could cure my boredom. And I haven't worked out since I first came here—which was three weeks ago. After the McDonald's meal I just had yesterday with Ale, I really need to get my ass out of bed and do some exercise.

After putting on my Nike workout outfits—which consisted of a grey sports bra and black tight legging—I went downstairs to the kitchen hoping to make a protein shake to get some energy since I wasn't really in the mood for breakfast yet.

To my utter surprise, I spotted my oldest brother Leonardo—whom I haven't talked much to since I first came here—sitting on one of the stools leaning his elbows on the cold marble of the kitchen island while peacefully eating his granola bar and scrolling on his phone.

When he noticed me, he directed his intimidating gaze at me while he threw the plastic rap of his granola bar in the trash beside him.

"Bella, what are you doing up so early?" He questioned curiously as he turned off his phone sliding it into his back pocket discreetly.

"Good morning to you, brother. I am doing fine on this nice morning, thank you for asking." I sarcastic said making him roll his eyes but couldn't help the amused tight smile to make its way onto his face

"I can ask you the same but I don't really care. And to answer your question, I'm going jogging." I responded, taking a bite of the protein bar I decide to eat since I was too lazy to make a protein shake.

"Isn't that fantastic? I am also going on my daily morning run, care to join me?" He raised his eyebrow at me expecting.

I contemplated my options, it was either going on a run alone in the unknown and unfamiliar streets of LA resulting in me getting lost, maybe even kidnapped by some creeps, or joining my eldest scary brother on his run.

"Sure, why not." I finally replied.

"Just to warn you, I run five miles." He notified me.

"No problem, I usually run six miles." I smugly answered.

• • •

We have been running for approximately two and a half hours already. I inhale the cold breeze letting it infiltrate my lungs bringing me a sense of solace. I ignored the salty sweat dripping from my forehead as I continue to push myself further.

I looked back to notice that Leo was panting and breathing heavily, obviously tired—not that I blame him. If I didn't run that six miles daily before coming here I would have never survived this jog.

"Tired already?" I couldn't help but tease him.

"ho—how do you do that? Holy shit. Wait—I need to catch my breath." He complained breathlessly.

How cute! The great Leonardo Romano—The Capo whining.

I burst out laughing, not able to hold my amusement any longer. It's so fucking entertaining to watch him struggle.

"Okay, okay...Stop laughing. I get it, I need to go work on my running skills. No need to bully me." He rolled his eyes.

"C'mon, we reached the gate of the mansion." I chuckled breathlessly.

Entering the huge entrance door we were instantly welcomed by the scent of bacon and eggs cramming the hallways of the house. As we entered the kitchen we spotted our brothers looking like zombies while our father was dressed in his usual formal attire which included his Armani navy blue suit matched with the white chemise he leaves unbuttoned—only the first few bottoms, he ain't going out half-naked.