5| Rules

A R A B E L L A

I felt someone not-so-gently shake me "What the fuck do you want?!" I snapped at whoever was disturbing my precious sleep.

"Sorella, Bonjour—well no—Bonsoir, since it is already 7 PM. Anyways dinner is ready, come on." A familiar voice said nervously that I recognized as Matteo's.

Yawning, I got out of bed and made my way to my bathroom, ignoring Matteo. I watched my face and threw my hair into a messy bun. When I came out, Matteo was surprisingly still here waiting for me. I raised an eyebrow at him questionably "I waited for you since you probably don't know the way back." He explained grinning for some reason.

False. I did know my way back. It was a natural reaction for me to memorize my ways into this foreign house.

I gave him a nod and he took my head a lead me out of the bedroom. We passed hallways, some of them were bright while the others were darker but one thing they all had in a comment where the framed photos and canvas hung on the walls. I noticed that the paintings were by mothers.

Mom was the one who introduced me to the art of painting, when I was little I used to watch her for hours while she painted, some might think it was boring but it wasn't for me, it bought me solace. I also remember when she used to play me the piano late at night when I couldn't sleep. She was truly the best mother I could have asked for.

Mom always wanted me to experience new things which is why each year we traveled to a new country wanting to learn more about different cultures.

Matteo opened the diner room's door erupting a loud noise in the process that made me flinch but I quickly gathered myself back together hoping no one noticed my slip up. When they noticed us, all the cheating stopped and silence reigned in the room.

"Principessa, take a seat, after dinner, we need to discuss a few things in my office," Lorenzo said breaking the awkward and tense silence while smiling warmly at me.

"Okay," I muttered.

I took a seat next to my twin since he was the one I was most comfortable around maybe it was the fact that we were twins, but I didn't really know why I felt so relaxed in his presence.

The main car is holding the different choices of food, I thanked them earning a shocked look from them—they probably thought I was some spoiled, ungrateful brat.

I kept staring at my plate that contains lasagna while I took neat bites, I avoided eye contact with them since I didn't want to engage in a conversation with them. We all sat in stillness, eating our food until Matteo decided to chat

"So little sister are you into any sport or any activity?" He asked curiously.

I didn't want to be rude to him since he has been nothing but welcoming since I arrived "Yeah, I enjoy surfing and boxing" I replied taking another bite of my lasagna. I obviously decided to leave the part of my illegal activities since I evidently didn't trust them and I didn't mention painting because it was something more personal for me.

"Really?! That great. Lucas also loves boxing" This time, Emilio said.

Nothing major really happened during dinner. We just made awkward small talk and everyone was cool apart from Lucas who was still glaring at me the whole time, but I didn't pay him any attention.

Now I'm making my way toward my father's office along with all of my brothers. When Lorenzo opened the big French door I was greeted by an old-fashioned office that was most likely his. The scent of cigars invaded the place, and the brown leather chairs and couch gave the place a more charming atmosphere. In the back were bookshelves hanging on the wall and filled with dusty books. Next to them was a huge glass cabinet replenished with a collection of rum and whiskey.