Chapter 12 Fever

The first thing I was hit with was an extreme feeling of weakness. My whole body felt heavy and my head was throbbing. Slowly pulling myself up from my bed I somehow managed to sit up. After grabbing my phone I realized the days had changed overnight. I also see that the first period has just started and I'm late.

After forcing myself to get up I throw on some clothes and run down the stairs. I weakly grab my backpack and whip open the front door only to slam it shut behind me. After that, I'm running. I run as fast as I can and don't stop even when I get to the school. I yank a door open and make a mad dash to my English class.

Once there I swing the door open to yell, "Sorry I'm late!".

Quickly coming to regret my entrance after receiving some shocking head turns I nervously laugh. The teacher excuses me and tells me to take my seat.

After plopping my tired self into my seat and taking a moment to compose myself my seat partner decides to talk to me.

"The hell happened to you?" Subaru asks with a semi look of concern mixed in with 'I don't really care'.

"Your brother," I reply.

"The hell it was just one of them. You look like you got a fever." He whispers while giving me a more concerned look.

Smiling the best I can back I try my hardest to reassure him. "Aww, you really do care! But no worries, I'm in perfect health, just a little blood loss."

After that, I turn my attention to my work and he does the same.

Since the first period is the shortest I'm soon set free. Despite my throbbing headache and aching body, I make a mad dash for my Algebra class.

I arrive just before the bell rings and take my seat. Sitting next to me is a wild tableware otaku who's currently reading a book. Paying little mind to him I take out my notebook and get to work on solving our warm-up.

After staring at the problems I had written on my paper I begin to think I'm reading greek. What's worse is before I knew it time was up and we were going over the problems. I do my best to erase my presence from the room but my ninja abilities fail me.

"(Y/N), come do the first one on the board." my teacher says to me.

The room is silent as I approach the bored. With all eyes on me, I nervously pick up a marker. I hold it up as I stare at the problem wondering how the hell I'm meant to solve it.

My whole body feels weak and my head feels like it's been hit with a block of cement. My vision starts to blur and I feel as if I'm about to fall. Before that can happen though I hear someone get up and walk over to me.

A hand grips my shoulder and I hear a voice. "Mr.Yost, it appears Miss.(L/N) may be ill. I'll take her to the clinic so the nurse can check."

I recognize the voice to be Reiji's but I remain silent. Mr.Yost nods and with that Reiji is gripping both my shoulders from behind and urging me to walk.

I comply and head out of the room and to the nurse. Next to me is my savior or my soon-to-be murder I'm not really sure yet what his intentions are.

We walk in silence and arrive to find the school nurse gone.

"Honestly this school should hire better staff. Sit over there." Reiji says while pointing to one of the beds.

I do as I'm told and take a seat on the bed while I watch Reji search the clinic for whatever it is he's looking for.

He finally finds it and comes back over holding a thermometer.

"Open." He orders.

I open my mouth and he puts the stick under my tongue and we wait in silence till hearing a beep from the device.

He stares at it before giving me a displeased look. "You have a fever of 105 F. Since the nurse isn't here I'll treat you myself back at home."

I knew it. I knew he had an ulterior motive besides being worried. Though I had realized his plan I could not escape in time.

He grabbed my wrist and before I could protest we teleported. I was now standing in a bedroom similar to one I stayed at in the mansion last time. The only difference was that this one had the presence of a male vampire chemist living in it. There was a bed on one end of the room and a table with some testing tubes and chemicals on the other.

Before I can take in any more small details I'm forced down on the bed. Reiji is holding me down and forcing my shirt down.

"Hey, now I thought you were a gentleman, at least take me out on a few dates first." I joke weakly.

Unfortunately for me, it doesn't get through to him. Instead, I feel his fingers run across the sore puncture wound that Shu left.

He's silent but then I feel him lower his head down and lick the wound.

"A date!" I yell out much to myself and his surprise.

He moves to look at my face to face and says. "What?"

Nervously laughing I respond. "A date, you're mad that Shu beat you to drink my blood right? I mean you got that whole brother complex of yours going on if I'm correct."

He tries to defend himself. "I do not have a bro-"

I cut him off and continued. "Yea yea sure you don't. Anyways I haven't gone on a single date with any of you guys so why don't we? I mean it sounds more fun than drinking whatever is left in me."

Reiji gets off of me and lets out a tired sigh. He then goes to his table and grabs a small bottle of some liquid and places it on the nightstand next to his bed.

I eye the thing wearily for a bit before uncapping it and tossing it down the hatch. As I do this he goes to leave.

Before he closes the door I hear him say. "Saturday 12:00 be dressed."

With that, he closed the door and I left out a breath. Somehow I had managed to avoid death once again but I had also dug my grave.

I shake my head in order to chase all the negative thoughts away.

"No no no, I will make this the best date Reiji will ever have," I say while pumping myself up. 

--------------------------------------------------

AN: Hellos! I am back with another chapter. Schools been hectic for me so I apologize for my slow updates but I'm trying my best to at least have a new one out every two weeks. I hope you guys can bear with me for a bit. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to my weekly updating process soon.