Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Where's Dazai?
*trigger warning misgendering and non-binary-phobic talk*
After the events at the Moby Dick

Everyone was at the agency celebrating Kyouka passing her exam and Atsushi for stopping the Guild. Everyone was there except Dazai. That had Atsushi worried because last time Atsushi saw his mentor they were coughing up blood.

"Has anyone seen Dazai?" Kunikida asked after he realized Dazai wasn't at the party annoying him.

Everybody shook their heads. Then the Agency asked Atsushi about where he last saw Dazai. That's when Atsushi got more worried. Dazai had been hit pretty hard and was coughing up blood. Could they have lost the baby. With that in his head Atsushi told the ADA about what happened last time he'd seen Dazai. That got the whole agency worried.

"We need to find them to make sure they're ok. Who knows if they made it off the ship." Kunikida said .

Just then they got a text from Dazai...

I'm fine. Don't come looking for me

But it didn't say anything about the baby. At least Dazai made it off the ship. After the welcome to the Agency party was over they got to searching for Dazai. Fukuzawa contacted Mori about Dazai wondering if since he's their father he would know. Unfortunately, the last time Dazai had spoken to their father was when the Port Mafia and the Armed Detective Agency had their meeting.

Also, Ranpo decided to stay out of the search because he actually follows Dazai's wishes. That made it harder for the Agency to find Dazai. Eventually Yosano decided to drop out of the search. Everyday someone was looking in the rivers, on top of tall buildings, and other places Dazai would frequent.

Meanwhile with Dazai and Chuuya

"Akimura, how's school going?" Dazai asked their daughter.

"Fine. I got an A on my test the other day." She said

They were painting the room next to Dazai and Chuuya's for the baby which would be coming in the next 5-6 months.

"That's good. You know how I've been busy with work lately, well I'll be staying home till the baby is a few months old."

"That's awesome ren! What'll you do when I'm at school and dad is at work?"

"Getting the house ready for your new sibling. A lot of work goes into getting stuff ready. Plus I can't go out because my father is looking for me."

With that conversation done they went back to painting the nursery. Chuuya and Dazai decided on a blue color just because they had done red for Akimura's room. While Dazai and Akimura painted the nursery Chuuya was doing paperwork in his office. You know boring after battle stuff.

Once Chuuya finished his paperwork which only took an hour he joined his fiancé and daughter. They had every wall done except for one.

"How about I do the last wall and you two go make dinner. These paint fumes aren't good for you Osamu."

With that Chuuya went to work finishing painting the nursery. Meanwhile Dazai and Akimura were preparing dinner. One thing was on Dazai's mind. They were thinking about how much better this pregnancy would be. For dinner they made ramen because it was simple, and it was something easy on the throat. For once they had a nice family dinner. No interruptions from either work or friends. Just Osamu, Chuuya, and Akimura all at dinner.

Time skip back a few hours to Port Mafia HQ:

"Ah Fukuzawa so nice of you to call what can I do for you?" Mori asked when he picked up the phone.

"It has come to the Agency's attention that Dazai is your child, and right now they're missing. Do you have any information on the situation?" Fukuzawa asked him.

"Ahh, I wonder how you got that little tidbit of information, but to answer your question I have no idea where my daughter is. She hasn't talked to me since that poor attempt of a truce the weretiger came up with."

"I believe Dazai has said this before but they are non-binary and would like to be treated as such." Fukuzawa told Mori with teeth gritted.

"Tell me, do you have children? By the way I mean biological ones not ones that join your. Then if you don't I suggest you don't give me advice on how to treat my daughter. Osama is just confused right now and has been for a while."

With that Mori hung up the phone. He then called Kouyou and asked her how his daughter was doing.
Mori knew his child was with Chuuya and that Kouyou had an idea about how they are.