Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Chuuya is told and Dazai goes into hiding

Dazai's POV:

Ok so Chibi is here. He arrived just as I was about to leave.

"Hey Mackerel," Chibi said, hitting my head, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah just hang on I have something to show you. I'll be right back." I say as I leave the room.

I then head to my en-suite where the test I took earlier this week was. I honestly wasn't planning on telling him, but since Chuuya's here might as well. I found a pretty bag and put it in the bag, and then I went back to the living room. When I got back I found Chuuya searching my cabinets for something to drink, but I had poured all of the alcohol out.

"Here you go Chibi." I say handing the bag to him.

He takes the bag from my hand, I stand there nervous of what he'll think. He stares at the bag. The nerves were swelling. He reaches his hand in the bag and as he brought the test out it was as if the whole world slowed down.

"Osamu is this some kind of joke," Chuuya said looking at the test.

"Oh how I wish it was, but it's true. You know how I felt sick and collapsed on that mission. It was because I was under too much stress." I say like a weight has been lifted even if only a little.

"Is it mine?"

"Who else would touch a broken person like me."

"What's with the bags?" Chuuya finally asked after a few minutes not saying anything about the luggage.

I was hesitant. Chuuya would most likely want to be in our child's life, but I could just go into hiding here for a while and wait for the child to be born so that he can get to know it.

"I am planning on leaving. Odasaku asked me to be a better person. Hopefully if I stay away long enough I can have a clean slate and start doing some actual good, but if someone could convince me to stay. I would."

"If you want to leave fine then leave, but I want you and me to stay in contact. Osamu Dazai. If this is the last we see of each other for a while I want you to know I love your non-binary @$$." Chuuya said that as he kissed me deeply.

"Do you want to be a part of the child's life?"

Silence followed my question. We stood there for what felt like hours, yet it was only a few minutes. I looked him dead in the eye. That when his calm and cool demeanor broke.

"OF COURSE I WANT TO BE A PART OF THEIR LIFE!"

"Well that settles it then. I will keep in contact during my years underground and when I resurface we can arrange times of visitation or I can live with you and we can be a perfectly normal family. Though I would like for you to be there with/for me in six to seven months for the birth." I say

"Deal Mackerel."

"Keep in touch." I tell him as I pick up my bags, kiss his cheek, and leave.

I left him with a warning though. He'll be questioned on my whereabouts, so I told him to pretend like I didn't tell him I was leaving or where I'll be going. With the warning passed time to head to Russia. Hopefully I won't run into a certain rat.

Timeskip: six and a half months later.

"Congratulations Dazai you and your partner had a healthy baby girl."

——

"Well Chibi what's her name?."

"Well she'll take your last name, and I was thinking Akimura as a first name?"

"Sounds wonderful my love."

A/N: precious little Akimura is born. We'll be seeing more of her in the coming chapters. Now I'm thinking a writing sequel for Mackerel and it will be about Dead Apple, Canablism arc, and some of the decay of Angels arc. The a possible third and final book with Akimura a little bit older. It'll be angsty so be prepared if that does happen.

-Captain Fandom 3•24•21