Chapter 8

Chapter8: Are you kidding me
Dazai's POV

When I came to, I was chained up. Huh, kinda reminds me of how the Port Mafia kidnapped me. Oh well. I'll be out of here in no time. After what seemed like an hour some other member of the guild came into the room. I hadn't met him before.

"Osamu Dazai. You are a tough man to capture." The dude said.

"Don't assume my gender." I retort back.

The American guy was taken aback by my statement.

"Forgive me, let me introduce myself to you. I am Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald. Leader of this fine gifted organization. May I ask what your gender is then, since I've mistaken you for male."

"Why should I tell you? You kidnapped me."

At that he paused. As if he were thinking of what to say next.

"Because I am the only thing keeping you from meeting the creator of the world."

"But that would bring me joy. I'm sure you've seen it in your reports that committing death is one of my favorite pastimes."

I eventually wore him out enough that he left the room. Now it's time to get out of these chain. I carefully move my lock pick out of my bandages. As I maneuvered the pick around until I unlocked the chains, but I decided to wait until someone came into the cell.

Chuuya's POV: the morning after the last chapter
I woke up to a cold bed. One of two possible explanations they've already left for work. Which is most likely or they're trying to die again. (Which I hope isn't what they're doing). With those thoughts going I head to Aki's room to wake her up for school. When I opened the door to her room I saw books scattered around her room as if she'd thrown them around looking for something.

"Akimura it's time to wake up. Ren isn't here right now so I'll be the one taking you to school. I might have your aunt pick you up since I most likely have a mission today."

"Alright papa. Where is ren then?" My daughter asked me.

"That's what I'll figure out once you're at school."

For the rest of the car ride it was silent minus the sound of the American country music that Aki had requested. Once I had dropped her off I made my way to the agency where Dazai worked hoping to find them. Once I arrived the whole agency got weapons out, so I put my hands up as a sign of surrender.

"What are you doing here Chuuya Nakahara of the Port Mafia?" Kunnikida asked.

" I'm here in search of a mackerel who didn't come and see me last night like they promised."

"Why would you find a mackerel here?" the were-tiger asked

"He's not searching for an actual mackerel, he's searching for Dazai. To answer you we haven't seen them since they left on their mission last night." Ranpo said matter of factly

Great my only lead to them and it's a bust.

"Look I've looked in the rivers and on top of buildings, and no hospital has called me about them. This place was my last option."

"Why would a hospital call you if Dazai were to be admitted?" The blonde farmer boy asked.

"Back when they worked for the port mafia we had each other as emergency contacts and we've never changed them."

That got weird looks from everybody except the doctor, director, and ranpo.

"So detective agency I ask for your help in finding them. If their father gets word that they're missing he will bring this city down brick by brick until Dazai is found." I say remembering who I work for.

"Nakahara-San you say that Dazai's father will tear the city down, but who is he?" Kunnikida asked.

Kyoka had a grim look on her face when she remembered. The doctor had the same look on her face as well. I stood there for a minute contemplating whether or not I should tell them. Alas if they ever want to work with the Port Mafia they'll need this information.

"Why Mori Ougai, of course who else would you think?"

"YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! How'd I guess this wrong." I heard Ranpo yell in confusion as I guessed him being wrong.

"Now can I have some help with locating them?"

"Of course."

Right then the door opened. In walked the love of my life and the producer of my children. Covered in their own blood, hopefully not, looking as if nothing had happened.

"I got bored of being misgendered, so I escaped."

"Excuse me while I borrow them for a moment." I say as Dazai and I walk out of the office.

Once we were away from the doors they told me that they were kidnapped by the guild. Which made me super mad. After their explanation I just kiss them because I was so happy they're back. Then I hear...

"Ahem Dazai-San care to explain this situation?" Kunnikida said while standing in the doorway of the ADA.