"Or what green bean?" He retorted, narrowing his eyes at me. "What are you going to do?" Moving even closer as he began to grab my arm. Just before he did, I seized his hand. I brought it up behind his back with force, causing him to yell out in pain, before using my foot to kick him to the floor. Planting, I'm sure, a large bruise on his lower back.

He fell face first, his arm still pinned behind his back as I watched him groan in confusion.

I kept my expression cold as I looked up slightly. "Night, boys." I said, before turning on my heel, heading towards to hut.

Newt never told me where else I should sleep, so I just figured another night there wouldn't hurt.

I didn't turn back, but I could feel their eyes on me as I walked away, their mouths agape in shock.

--

I wasn't aware of the time, but I knew it was late. It was pitch black outside, a deadly silence filled the Glade. I looked down at my wrist again, examining the tattoo as I traced the letters with my fingers. W.C.K.D.

What the hell does that mean? I wanted to ask Newt, or even Chuck, but for some reason I felt hesitant to do so.

I sat on the side of the bed and slumped my head into my hands. I've been here just over one day, and already three people are gone. Who's going to be leader now that Alby probably isn't coming back?

I laid back down on the bed again, just staring up at the ceiling before finally, sleep washes over me.

--

Sunlight came in through the window as I squeezed my eyes shut, shielding them from the blinding sight. I dragged myself out of the door to see no one. Damn, I really must wake up early.

I looked over at the showers and toilets and decided to head over and shower before everyone else got up.

They looked like locker rooms, if they are indeed what locker rooms looked like, I couldn't be too sure. I hurried in, wanting to finish before anyone else woke up. I quickly removed my clothes and hopped in the shower's cold water. I noticed for the first time how muscular my legs and arms were; I'll keep that in mind.

I rubbed soap all over myself but just as I moved my hand over the back of my shoulder, I felt a great deal of pain coming from a particular spot. I continued to move my fingers over the sore patch before turning to the mirror on the side of the wall.

I turned my head to get a good look as I saw a large, mostly healed wound plastered on my upper back. What the fuck? It looked like a stab wound, and a pretty nasty one at that. It seemed to have been there for a while as the skin over it wasn't red or inflamed and it only hurt slightly when I touched it. I shrugged and finished washing all of the soap off my body before grabbing one of the towels on the side.

I quickly dried myself off before putting the clothes I had just worn back on. What else am I supposed to wear? They haven't given me any other clothes.

I walked back out of the showers and noticed a few people have emerged. One of them being Newt. As soon as he saw me, he started to run over.

"Hey! I wondered where you got to." He said, trying to force a smile.

"Hey" I returned, not showing any additional emotion as he had. He was about to say something else as someone yelled my name.

"Y/N!" Chuck yelled from a distance, running towards us, clearly out of breath. As he reached us, he tried to say something, but was unable to due to how out of breath he was. Newt watched him, grinning slightly as he watched the boy try to form a sentence.

"Hi, I was just coming over to see how you were doing, you know after what happened yesterday." He said as I tilted my head at him in confusion.

He looked at Newt perplexed as he turned back to me. "You know? When you attacked Gally for being rude? Do you not remember that?"

"Oh yeah right, of course" I replied, surprised at myself that I even forgot that happened. "Well, I just wanted to say thanks, I guess. He was being a jerk and you sure put him in his place" the boy said, a grin appearing on his face.

I didn't say anything in response so he continued, "You're gonna have to teach me to do that. It was bloody awesome."

I smiled slightly, mostly with my eyes "Sure I guess, although I'm not really sure how I did it." I said, pushing my lips into a thin line. The boy laughed a little before Newt interjected.

"The doors should be opening soon, we should head over." The mood immediately changed, remembering the previous evenings events. We both nodded before following him to the opening.